Page 3 of 61 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    If I'm online I'd happily come along for some CM runs. (Let's bring some stealth for skipping that cave!)

If anybody's running AC3 or Arah 1/4 soon, let me know, as those are now the only paths I need.
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Ooh. CM. done story mode, would definitely be up for this.
    what time tonight?

Ohara Scarlett in game.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tweetiti's Avatar
    Me and Yargh are always up for Arah however path 1 is lethal

Ok, seeing as I am back and such:

SE 1, 2, 3 (I've done some I just don't know which)
    CoF 2, 3
    CoE 3
    Arah s, 1, 2, 3, 4 (I still actually need to finish my general storyline before I embark on this one.)

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    TA: Forward Forward
    SE: Story
    Arah: 1,2,4
    Last edited by apricotsoup; 20-07-2013 at 02:10 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Will add my gaps to the list. Glad to see some overlap with posters in recent days

CM: 1,2,3
    SE: 2,3
    CoE: 1,3
    Arah: 2,3,4. Plus need the story mode again because I foolishly did Arah story before I completed the rest of the storyline

Edit. Seem to have done some path the last week. Still lots to go.
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett
    Last edited by Xanadu; 29-04-2013 at 06:19 PM.

Network Hub
    We had our first go at Arah 4 this evening and naturally stalled on the Priestess of Dwayna that has stumped so many other groups.
    Having watched a group succeed at this boss fight I'm afraid to admit that it wasn't bugged (as we ended up concluding before giving up for the night).

The secret appears to be in the hands of the 2 players charged with keeping the priestess visible, every second she stays invisible is a second more of healing and a second less of beating her into the wall. It looks like the target time to have all the sparks kited back into position is something like 15 seconds! The runners need to use every skill at their disposal to get from one spark to the next and back to the statue in as short a time as possible using speed buffs, leaps and teleports where possible.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar
    can you teleport the sparks then?
    Hawksbane | Ripley Hawkswind | Aconitum Hawkshood | Fuchsia Panthera
    Steam ID: IHawksbane

watched this clip, notice the huge pile of tears to the side, and I think they kited the sparks in about 5 secs.
    2 people on Dwayna, and everyone else from range; also save your buffs for the 50% heal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIK4HlkBl3A

I think the best thing to do is practice getting the sparks in place before doing it for real, they can be slippery and it is important nobody else agro's them when they are chasing you.

OK good video I think practice makes perfect, I'm happy to give it another go and to be on tear duty for example as DPS is not my forte but my turrets can still aim at her and I can give fury to the attackers, if not I can do sparks.
    We need to block an entire afternoon to this as this is a LONG path and we are bound to have to try Dwayna a few times as well. The rest of the path is not very lethal so at least there's that, even Dwayna doesn't kill you that easily you just need to be ready to be patient and dedicate a lot of time to it. Remember after Dwayna there's another boss!
    On a side note I'm also up to retry path 1 if there's any brave among you
    Last edited by Tweetiti; 22-04-2013 at 08:04 AM.

Re: the video - I gather that "4-1" trick might not work any more, since that video was from before the fight was patched.

Here's some discussion of the "50% bug" which, if genuine, is what I believe stalled us:
    https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...st#post1591697

There's some disagreement in that thread but it seems to describe our situation: when we were very quick with sparks, we'd only get a few seconds to hit on her before she went invisible. And she would *always* stealth at 50%, suggesting that something was up.

Of course, we could have been more efficient with the sparks, but I doubt it would have made any difference to last night's run.

I'm happy to try this again, but I think I'd like to wait until after next week's patch, since they might fix/change the fight.

Here's some recent discussion from Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/c...4_simin_fight/

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    I logged in too late and saw you lot already at it, but I'd be up for trying another time should you need a little one :3

I should say that despite everything, I really enjoyed last night. That sense of discovery, and not knowing what's round the next corner, is one of the best things about GW2 -- but it's fairly rare once you've 100%'d the world map and run almost all the dungeon paths. So, thanks for the party

Network Hub
    Despite having to give up before the end, exploring Arah and all of its dangers is still a lot of fun. I also liked that during that never ending boss fight we were steadily improving our performance and working ever better as a team.

It was fun and I would definately be up for running it again; not least because I need it for that dungeon master title but I also don't like being beaten by a game. Even if it is bugged

If we ran that with the same group again then I would definately have Tweetiti on tears & maybe me (using greatsword) & Saph on Dwayna; or Saph & Yargh on Dwayna - it could work either way I think.

I like the fact that this is a challenge; I am annoyed that Anet made it a challenge by bugging it

I think that if we try again, I'll switch to my warrior once we get to Dwayna, for a little more damage.

by the way, do you still need AC 3?
    I need to do a lot of AC runs (and dungeon runs generally), so happy to run that with you this week if you're around.

I'm happy to run any dungeon in general I have quite a few missing but I don't have a precise list (Arenanet hello? We would like a way to track this), I like Arah because I want to pay for my outfit but if I'm online just give me and Yargh a shout.

I do still need AC3, yes. Running it sometime this week would be good! Probably not tonight, but tomorrow should be free.

As for tracking dungeons -- you can at least track how many paths from each dungeon you've run from the achievements panel (under Explorer maybe?).

Any takers for Arah Path 1 this weekend? Hopefully we'll be more successful this time!