Page 56 of 60 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 1193
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Krathor's Avatar
    We should make Aetherpath the initiation ceremony.
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

My GW2 blog that you can follow on Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu View Post
    SE story yesterday, one dungeon where we repeatedly had to have someone swap to get an opener, so a welcome run. Had forgotten this, but its a fun path, and a shame we don't get to fight the end boss so often. Aside from 4 of us swimming in lava at one point due to overenthusiastic use of FGS on a narrow ledge, we had a good run. Followed by SE1 where 4 FGS made the 3 golems melt in a little under a second.
    I would just like to point out that the only one NOT swimming in lava was me!

Quote Originally Posted by WillAdama View Post
    I would just like to point out that the only one NOT swimming in lava was me!
    Which basically tells us you should be faster at grabbing that FGS!
    [GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.

Quote Originally Posted by noaru View Post
    Which basically tells us you should be faster at grabbing that FGS!
    Pff, I let you noobies use those cheating swords and stick to my own, tyvm.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by WillAdama View Post
    Pff, I let you noobies use those cheating swords and stick to my own, tyvm.
    Well, good luck doing a speedrun with 5 greatsword warriors

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    It is pretty incredible that despite all the things Anet has managed to 'fix', FGS has remained un-nerfed. Surely it's only a matter of time?
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Quote Originally Posted by jha4ceb View Post
    It is pretty incredible that despite all the things Anet has managed to 'fix', FGS has remained un-nerfed. Surely it's only a matter of time?
    Potentially, but I'm not sure what they're supposed to do about it. One possibility would be to reduce the number of ticks/second or the damage per tick of the #4/rush, but no matter in which way they reduce the damage output of that skill, the result will most definitely hurt the intended use more than any exploit. Also, I'm beginning to question the technical capabilities and/or fervor of the devs. It's like in Goethe's Zauberlehrling/The Sorcerer's Apprentice: "The spirits that I've cited, My commands ignore." (or sth. like that) It's probably pretty laborious to change an existing mechanic as a side-project that someone has spent a lot of time implementing before the initial release of the game.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar
    that may be true, although the main advantage of FGS is when you are rushing against wall (and without a target), one way they could nerf it without touching the damage per tick would be to end the rush when you hit a solid object. This would also help with other rush skills in game.
    Hawksbane | Ripley Hawkswind | Aconitum Hawkshood | Fuchsia Panthera

I would put it past their programming skills to do that.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    They seem to give very little priority to PVE balance, which is essentially what the FGS issue is. If it was causing a serious PVP problem it would have been changed a year ago. I don't think they view this as a problem. As a lot of high end content is kind of balanced for this now (try to do the 3-head wurm without FGS DPS) then there will either be unintended consequences, or a fix will be much harder to do than just "nerf FGS 4"
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    It was a PvP problem, which is way they removed the rush+blink.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Exactly - so FGS is probably "working as intended". As the most gratuitous example of lack of PVE balance many think that it should be changed, but as long as it does not in their view unbalance the economy or PvP then ANet won't make changes (like fractal rewards, TP flipping, precursor RNG, OP warriors etc).
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MonkeyMonster's Avatar
    Destroying Rabbits wherever they can be found
    TA - Aetherblade
    Arah - 1 and 3 I think.

left...
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Arah 3 is ok. The other 2 not so much. Wait for Malawi to get back for Arahs

Activated Node
    I'd like to join when we run Arah. I still need 1,3 and 4
    "This won't end well."

Not really playing that much anymore, but if you set a date for Arah I would help out.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Thx Malawi. Interesting (probably a bug) that scarlet potions work on nightmare court but not dredge/flame legion. Shame nothing works on Mossman as he is evil.

We don't know if Scarlet slaying works on Flame Legion yet. The ones with 'verify' at the front are supposed to be requests for verification. Surely there was no way to make this wording less confusing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Sorry, I was going from (much older) posts I read a week or so ago on this topic which said nightmare court yes, dredge no and FL no:
    https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...scarlet-armies
    As the new research confirmed the first 2, I assumed the FL would be the same also. I am quite happy to be proved wrong though.
    Last edited by Xanadu; 19-07-2014 at 08:00 AM.