Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    Heres the original with transparency, to make it future-proof for anything we want to do with it.

Excellent stuff there folks. I'm frankly jealous of all the artistic ability on show from RPS folks, even Ridebird's

Activated Node

Secondary Hivemind Nexus BasicPauly's Avatar
    I think the cracked texture needs to be behind the scythe and text, and perhaps change its alpha so that its not a bright colour.. If it were just slightly visible, in a lighter hue of purple, that would be nice.

Also, the background would probably need to have something smaller for each side. In fact, I think it might look really nice like it is, just without the cracked texture. It overpowers it a little.

if we could have a few more similar silhouettes, then they can be placed down the sides of the YT page.

Alternatively, if people could compose images using an actual youtube background template, that would be cool. The closer to the propaganda poster, the better.

EDIT: Ive put up a temporary one, but it looks pretty shitty resolution wise. The files have to be 1mb in size, which is a shame. Something similar to this could look nice.

Jaguar, Id hesitate to use that logo because it doesnt fit with the whole silhouette style, but I like the ninja capping remark, so I used that for the placeholder.

Something using the scythe, and some other things would be nice. The purple background you used izal would be much nicer than the one I found for testing purposes, so If you could use a template and produce something similar using your textures etc, that would be awesome. I used the Impact font and just skewed it a tiny bit over the top. I did plan on transparency, with the text logo slightly see through and scythe behind, but that pushed the file over 1MB.
    Last edited by BasicPauly; 03-03-2013 at 08:39 PM.

Just throwing something else into the mixer, kinda going off the back of Ride's idea of a giraffe shadowing a planet. Again, excuse the naff gimping:

3PlanetSide2-web.jpg

Btw the placeholder you're using is nice Paul! All I'd change is the text, to upper case like the RPS logo.

Link

First go at this sort of thing. Not finished. Decided to do it more out of curiosity really.

Edit: Cheers
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by NickWhite; 03-03-2013 at 11:54 PM.
    Planetside 2 - NickTheNegligent // Steam - Nick

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    Here's another with the theme in mind pauly;

Nick, hard to tell if yours is good as you've used the forum default pasting method and its come out thumbnail sized. Maybe upload it to tinypic.com or imgur and copy the picture url from there?

Yeah, Jaguar, I made one already. You can check out the placeholder I made on the channel. Actually used lower case, because it looked nicer.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    I quite like the blatant rip-off of the RPS logog. However I'm not convinced by the 'ninja capping since...' tagline.

We're not really ninja-cappers. Nor do we have any kind of motto anyway. I'd rather just the plain old outfit name.

A couple of random examples pulled from the web:

I like the giraffe silhouette. Any way we can get a giraffe into the VS logo without it looking uber-naff. or, alternatively, with it looking so uber-naff it's actually kinda cool (a bit like how we wear the giraffe camo...)
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Giraffe + VS emblem

Edit: It looks better scaled down:
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    BANG

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    Giraffe + VS emblem
    Hey! That was really cool! That would make an awesome in-game armor decal.

Side-by-side comparison:

Last edited by EsotericReverie; 04-03-2013 at 03:46 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    Allright, played around a bit. I at least made a giraffe that can be used as a silhoutte. I just found it on google (it was free vector graphics) and made it transparent, but then I found that theres actually proper files for it, including transparent png:
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-lm...it?usp=sharing

That one should do fine for giraffe silhoutte purposes.

My attempt at giraffe + auraxis + rps:
    http://i.imgur.com/fUdiNiY.jpg

I personally do not really dig logos with large imagery - it kinda sux. I don't think it works. If someone could make auraxis/a planet as something more drawn/easier to impose the giraffe on/less busy, that would be great and would possibly work.

I like your giraffe as well cooper I think that could work.
    Find me on the Steams

Trouble is something like this doesnt really work well for a youtube background. The logos are fine as a logo, but I think something even more minimal would be nice.

The tag line I purely used because jag made that. I suggested "Killing TR since..." or something like that instead.

I dont mind the idea of having a giraffe logo in the style of the vanu symbol, but again I think it should be minimal, using 3 solid colours/silhouettes and such.

I like the idea of having a motto purely for the fact that it plays on rock paper shotguns logo, but it could do with being something more relevant. How about "Giraffe camo since 1873" or Vanu giraffes since 1873"?

I made this version. Its not a vector, but it would do fine for small logos:

RPSLogo.jpg

Changed the logo and motto for now. Tell me what you think:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/RockPlanetShotgun
    Last edited by BasicPauly; 04-03-2013 at 05:57 AM.

Yeah that looks pretty great.

How about "Drinking the Kool Aid since 1873"

Bit long I guess.. "Smiling upon you since 1873"

I would like something Vanu themed at least. Many giraffes as it is.
    Last edited by RIDEBIRD; 04-03-2013 at 12:31 PM.
    Find me on the Steams

For reference:

From the PS2 website:
    https://www.planetside2.com/news/sept27Art

Anyway, to recap:

1) We need to decide if everyone's comfortable with a straight rip-off of the Rock Paper Shotgun logo. To be honest, the more I see it, the less comfortable it feels. Not because I'm worried about ripping anything off, but because it just seems a tad unimaginative. Moreover we're a big enough entitiy to deserve (need?) an identity of our own.

Could we maybe try something with "[RPS]": A logo in the order of the Nanite Systems logo that 'feels' PS2-y?

2) I assume we're all happy with the giraffe as a logo? It makes sense. I like Jaguar's 3-colour emblem. (Logos should be as simple as possible.) I worry that it seems a bit obscure to those not actually in the outfit... A square [RPS] logo might be a bit more "on message"...

3) We need something that will move across to a WordPress site. Which means we need a header (900x200 roughly. I cen gt dimensions in a bit) and / or a square-ish logo / name combo to go in the sidebar. We can re-use whatever background the YouTube site uses. Especially if it tiles.
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    BANG

I don't like your giraffe head, Cooper. It feels too wide. MitchK's is way nicer.
    I do agree that logos need to be simple (3-color is nice). Look at all the big company logos. None are photos. None use more than a few colors.
    I don't mind the RPS-type logo, but I hate the ninja-capping tagline. We don't describe ourselves as an outfit hellbent on ninjaing bases, why put it in our slogan?

Overwhelming force since 1873?

Thats sort of what we mainly do anyway.
    Find me on the Steams

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MrEclectic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RIDEBIRD View Post
    Overwhelming force since 1873?

Thats sort of what we mainly do anyway.
    Gal dropping since 1873?

Purple Spandex since 1873?

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    Reference stuff
    I actually quite like the idea of using the RPS logo but with a humerous motto... It doesnt need to look exactly the same...

see my example on the youtube site.. Its lower case for a start, and just one colour.

Also, whats your opinion on my 3 colour logo? It uses the giraffe and looks simple. Dont worry about it being obscure... Its not at all... The youtube will essentially be a repository for our members to watch videos, and for those that dont get it, they will have fun finding out... Its meant to be a bit of fun.

The logo I made is square too, so it would be fine.. Its also only about 300kb big.

Whatever ends up as our final background can be used repetetively, but as far as the generic logo goes, we need some variety. For starters, the youtube avatar doesnt need to be the logo. For now, unless something better than mine pops up, ill leave that. The actual outfit logo should be something that ties us to rock paper shotgun, which I feel the "rip off", though its more of a tribute, does well.

We could always add more to the design, such as the scythe that I placed behind it.

It isnt a rip off, its a message to people that we are a part of the RPS community. having "RPS" on its own in some tag way would be fairly generic and more unimaginative than this play on the original RPS logo... Nothing is to say it needs to be an identical copy like jags version, but I think it should be similar in concept...

Mitch: I like the spandex idea.

My designs:

RPSLogo.jpgpssavatar.jpggcsavatar.jpg

Simple yet informative.. Colours are there, as is the imagery.... we need something along these lines regardless. Ignore the current small quality.. I uploaded these as .jpg, so they can be saved as higher res since I saves the photoshop file.
    Last edited by BasicPauly; 04-03-2013 at 03:11 PM.