Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
    I really liked 'Purple spandex since....' too, though if we wanted a more youtube specific one, how about 'Spandex superstars since...'?

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    I love 'Spandex superstars since 2783' as a tag line.

You have all these graphics only in raster format Rizlar?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Indeed, never got round to vectorising the logo or anything. You need vector stuff for animating?

Vector does give a bit more scope for scaling up/down without losing quality.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus BasicPauly's Avatar
    Might be a pretty large vector if you want to get in a lot of the sketchyness. Thats down to Rizlar anyway.

The spandex superstars suggestion.. Its a little long, to be perfectly honest. One of Rizlars concerns was keeping the tag line short in characters so that it fits well, I believe?

Keep thinking, and post some lists of ideas perhaps? Ill try and think of a few myself, and maybe track down some of the better suggestions.

Just a heads up, I plan on making a new post to keep track of youtube shenanigans, as this thread was largely used for the development of the logo.

Ill probably make it a more general video thread for contributors and such to keep track.

Hopefully this will be of use to at least a few of you, but my intention is that it will help ME keep track of it :P.

You're right, I hadn't even noticed how long it was, it likely wouldn't fit. I'm having trouble coming up with something else that's short enough. Will have to have a think.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    Spandexy since 2783?

Spandexing since 2783?

I thought about 'Spandextras' but wasn't sure if the joke would be obvious enough.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Bringing our tightest spandex since... is a bit too long. Maybe just Tightest spandex?
    Giraffe camo since 2873?
    For science since 2873?
    Reaching high...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    :-ooooooooo

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    No arsehats since 2873

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Director's cut-offs since 2873 (Arrested Development fans know what I mean at least....)
    Showing spandex since 2873

Any more ideas for film/youtube based ones? 'Spandex superstars since 2873' is probs my current favorite as well. Can easily squeeze in a slightly longer one if it's worth it.

Im not sure about that one, but we can keep thinking of more ideas. I want something that shouts out at us :P.

Purple spandex since 2873 still seems the most fitting to me, and was one of the original choices. Giraffe spandex is closer to us, but a bit more obscure. I think purple and spandex are two of the most Vanu things there are.

Blunder sunderer since 2873.
    Hot dropping since 2873.
    Breaking necks since 2873.
    Standing tall since 2873. <------------ Giraffes lul. Quite short too. Current favourite.
    On Safari since 2873.
    Spandex Giraffes since 2873.

Keep the ideas flowing.

Looking down on you since 2873? ('cos we're Giraffes, and we're tall, and... never mind).

Hoofing it since 2873?

We need to be thinking of short titles, so the first suggestion wouldnt really work.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Hey, sorry for taking a while to get this up, but I've now made a final version. Here is a preview.

And here is a link to the actual file for the channel: http://www.mediafire.com/view/pza4m6...ube_banner.png

To change the tagline I ended up redoing the entire text. This seemed the easiest way to get it all aligned with the new tagline, and I took the opportunity to change the spacing a bit as well. Let me know what you all think about this. It's possible there was an easy way to make these changes to Coop's SVG of the logo text but I couldn't work it out. Here is a link to the illustrator file of the new text, with it as a .ai rather than .svg you can just use the text tool to easily make changes: http://www.mediafire.com/view/sm66v3...o_text_file.ai

Oh yeah, also, the tagline can be easily changed, just put that one up since it got a lot of positive feedback. Any minor tweaks should be easy enough to do at this stage.
    Last edited by Rizlar; 11-06-2013 at 07:03 PM.

Thanks a lot Rizlar, Ill take a look (though it may be tomorrow). Ill upload this one for now, and we can alter the tag line periodically, or when we decide on something awesome.

Are you implying that 'Spandex superstars' is not awesome?