Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar

S4T LAL: LA loadout section.

Since LA is Specialized CQC flanking assault class, there are 3 main loadout schemes with certain mutations depending on playstyle you yourself develop. However they all come from 3 main schemes.

Rules I follow creating LA loadouts:
    1. LA is a Close to midrange class.
    2. Only reason not to use C4 is lack of C4.
    3. THERE IS NO LONG RANGE LA!
    4. Refer to rule 1, if you disagree with rule 3.

Loadouts.

Shotgun loadouts always focus on getting to enemy as fast as possible. You weave through battlefield and dominate corners and surprise attacks (until you meet NC max, but that's your own fault trusting doorways). Loadout itself goes on this scheme:

• Shotgun of your choice (Recommendations: Mauler/Thanatos, Piston/Pandora)
    • Sidearm of your choice (R: Hunter QCX, Underboss, Magshot/Manticore)
    • C4
    • Flashbang/Frag
    • Jump Jets
    • Ammo Belt/Adrenaline Pump/Advanced Shield Capacitors/Grenade Bandoleer

Shotgun loadout is meant to strike fast and be gone fast. You're not meant to be spotted in one place. You kill and move. You can't let yourself be in one place more than 40 seconds or so. You're too weak without surprise, but at same time you can use it as your strength.

SMG/CQC Carbine loadouts sacrifice TTK of shogtun to kill people easy extra 20 meters +/-10.
    However you need to use your brain more about positioning yourself, since you will be engaging from longer ranges and the longer range, the more enemies can engage you at same time. Nanoweave becomes quite solid alernative for suit slot compared to others.

Example of CQC carbine loadout:
    Not my prefered, but I just don't like HS/NV

• AF-4 Bandit with ALS and HS/NV, SPA, silencer.
    • Magshot with Flashlight (never put silencer on both weapons, that will reduce your options)
    • C4
    • Smoke grenades
    • Nanoweave
    • JJ

Midranger LA is last range were LA can be cocky about who he can engage at ranges over 70 meters you're just out of your league and can't do shit that would be dangerous to enemies. Here you either support as Smoke choker or are lonewolfing. There is not point of using LA as part of the squad at these ranges, you can't to much useful, what other classes would do tons better with more utility, even engineers (dirty op class)

Example of Smoke choker loadout:

• Gauss Compact S with HS/NV, Silencer, SPA and UBSL
    • Hunter QCX with recon bolts or Desperado with Flashlight (sorry VS, blame SOE :P)
    • C$
    • Smoke grenades
    • Grenade bandoleer
    • JJ

Any questions?
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!
    http://ps2guides.besaba.com/

Thank you for your write since I unfortunately couldn't make the S4T.

Quote Originally Posted by Bankrotas View Post

• Gauss Compact S with HS/NV, Silencer, SPA and UBSL
    • Smoke grenades
    • Grenade bandoleer
    Why UBSL + Smoke grenades? Isn't one of both enough? --> either a better gun or frag nades?
    Planetside 2: Qw33r / Qw33rT;
    Steam: Qw33r

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Smoke choker is only loadout that is actually viable all round for squad role. If you want to play LA in organized squad constantly, be ready to be gimped. Point of the build is to create smoke cloud in spand of less than 5 seconds. That will shock enemies and will bring momentum for your side.
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!
    http://ps2guides.besaba.com/

The mercenary AF-19 is your default gun. On its own, it is mediocre, as most of the default guns are. The other NC carbines are good, but not all of us want to put time or money into them

If you want a cost effective, reliable and versatile gun that gets the job done at either medium or long range, look no further than the Mercenary. It doesnt get much better value than free.

Solid starter: Waffly edition

Mercenary with 2X and foregrip
    Magshot
    C4 (eventually)
    Frag grenade
    Nanoweave
    Jumpjet

I cant stress enough how crucial it is to get your jj to at least level 3, a whole world of possibilities for killing open up. Your light assault is your JJ.

Nanoweave used to be stronger, now it gives you a sizable boost, can give you the edge in close quarters.

C4 is not crucial, i'd suggest leveling up nano and jj to level 3 at least before going for c4.

Magshot is just that, your backup pew pew, use when required.

With this set up, you have a cheap, easy to use gun set up to teach you the ropes of being a jumpjet ninja. Abuse the jumpjet, fly around corners, be annoying with it, surprise the enemy and you will win (most of the time)!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayam
    Everything is a thing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I can recommend certing in the default jumpjets(not drifter) if you are just starting with the LA class, it allows you to move around much quicker and be more agile and behind-y in relation to the enemy.

Drifters, they are tons of fun, you can just gently glide over the battlefield(because no one looks up) and drop packages of happyness on the enemy and easily take refuge in the many trees(and go from tree to tree).

Weapons for the VS LA next to thanatos are the default Solstice and the Pulsar, although the pulsar packs a bigger punch it also has a slightly bigger spread. I've found the Pulsar to be best in biolabs and the Solstice outside of that.
    PS2/NS2/Mumble: SirWigglyBottom
    Steam: The Almighty Snark

Bread?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Bankrotas View Post
    • C$
    This is how we should always refer to them.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    So, two notes. First, the mercenary is amazing ... it's probably the best 167 damage tier carbine (unless the bandit is even better). I used it with a silencer, 1x and a laser. Second, the pulsar c is a highly underrated choice for LAs. It fires slower than the serpent and such, but it's extremely deadly if youre going for headshots and it's also way more stable than the serpent, which makes it perfect for bios and towers. I'd recommend the same setup as the one i used for the merc.

Was gutted I couldn't make it tonight, so this write-up is great, thanks Bankrotas!

Quote Originally Posted by sinomatic View Post
    Was gutted I couldn't make it tonight, so this write-up is great, thanks Bankrotas!
    Second that Thank You.
    I was there (kinda, sorta) but my notes were.. well they weren't even notes.. just key words, outa context.
    They make sense now.
    "Bring me my purse."

please visit
    the Game Orphanage

Finding Good Homes For Unwanted Games Since January, 2014