Activated Node

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Phantoms (A mouthful I know)

A new game that came out recently and it's free! Apparently it's based heavily on team play and I think it would be fun to play someday! Maybe we could set up a channel or something in the mumble?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LaKroy's Avatar
    What kind of shooty game is this?

Activated Node
    It's 3rd person

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LaKroy's Avatar
    Any more details? Deathmatch? Attack and defend? Co-op or versus? Player numbers? Types of maps? Weapons and equipment? Tactical or rambo?

Activated Node
    Tactical, its supposedly based on team communication. I havent actually played it myself, i just thought it would be cool to try out with a group of people

Activated Node
    So I just played a few games of this, and it's really really fun. But, you don't start out with grenades or any abilities for your class, just some guns and armour. I think you can buy more quite easily thought because it gives you some starting credits to buy things (Or atleast that's what I think you're supposed to do)

My problem with the game is the controls. I just cannot get used to them; No jumping and Space instead bound to cover. OTOH the cover mechanics is quite cool.
    Planetside 2: Qw33r / Qw33rT;
    Steam: Qw33r

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    Played it for quiet some time during beta. It's a nice and very tactical game but has two big problems: First the power creep as newer equipment makes you stronger. Less on the weapons side (as in: less noticeable but it's there) but much more in terms of bullet proof vests etc. Secondly the game suffered from poor matchmaking where newbies were matched with fully equipt experts and got slaughtered in the process, leaving even less people in the queue for matchmaking. Mayve with the Steam release this has changed? I think I have to check it out again.
    (Firefall: bug shot) // (PS2: bobby is going home)
    -remove spaces-

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Played it during the end of its beta.

Really, really enjoyed it for about three hours then never launched it again. Dunno why. I guess it was good, as in it's excellently executed and has some good ideas about abilities, but not really working on the kind of itches that keep me playing.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG