Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Screenshot Thread - The Auraxis Art Gallery

Thought it might be nice for us to have a place to share screenshots!

I'll kick things off; the following is the result of me and NickTheNegligent holstering our weapons for a while, and just going for a walk around Auraxis and breathing it all in:

(Big up to Nick for being the model, and carrying me around to get nice angles)

1.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

6.jpg

9.jpg
    Last edited by MitchK; 03-03-2013 at 10:43 PM.

Last edited by MitchK; 21-07-2013 at 02:54 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    For those of us that don't use steam, clear the keybinding for 'start image capture' and re-bind it to whatever key you want. For some weird reason taking screenshots didn't work for me before i did that.

Lesser Hivemind Node BasicPauly's Avatar
    We should do this occasionally for fun. I quite fancy going around just looking for nice screenshots. You up for more of this nick/mitch?

Quote Originally Posted by BasicPauly View Post
    We should do this occasionally for fun. I quite fancy going around just looking for nice screenshots. You up for more of this nick/mitch?
    Absolutely! We haven't touched Esamir yet and Indar could do with some more love so I'll let you know when we decide to go again.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    Some superb shots. I think the first one was my favourite though. If you can get the composition of the first with the sky of the second you probably won't have to do any more.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Very nicely done!

Damn those are some gorgeous shots. I love the galaxy moon silhouette.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    For some reason I really love the one of the dude standing on that massive rock, blank sky in the background. Really dig the minimalism, isolating the figure like that. Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizlar View Post
    For some reason I really love the one of the dude standing on that massive rock, blank sky in the background. Really dig the minimalism, isolating the figure like that. Nice.
    Seconded. Has a Christ the Redeemer vibe.

Haha! So it does!

Getting up there in the first place though, that was the fun part! It was like the bloody north face of the Eiger!

Glad to see it's getting some appreciation.
    Planetside 2 - NickTheNegligent // Steam - Nick

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LaKroy's Avatar
    The mountain top I and mindburst visited last week: http://imgur.com/a/QRcvn

Yesterday I ended up in the exact same place again, after blowing up in the galaxy race:

Can't remember who is in the picture though.

MitchK: you could also post these on the screenshots thread in the PC gaming discussion forums if you've not done that already.

NickW: good to hear you didn't cheat and just Scythe up there - a true explorer's spirit!

Time to crack out the ultra settings ini file and put up with 15fps for a while in the near future I feel.

I've still not figured out why there are two keybinds for image capture, although just pressing the "start image capture" key every time works fine.

I think I might do eltdown! Also, many of these screenshots were taken without the ultra bells and whistles so you may not need to punish your PC too much to get good results

Lesser Hivemind Node BasicPauly's Avatar
    Speaking of graphical performance.... Running ultra on Tomb Raider.... decided to see what their fabled "tressfx" looked like.... thats the nice hair simulation..... Well, it looks nice, but fuck me does it absolutely kill performance.... I had everything on ultra without, put it on and went at a snail pace... if I want nice hair, I have to turn the general graphical settings right down :|...

Looking forward to future "nice rig, but does it run Lara's hair?" memes.

screenshot_20130306-22-56-16.jpg
    And with that we were off. Forging our way through the eternal blizzard. Not knowing when it would let up. Not knowing whether we'd have to turn back... But then as quickly as it fell on us, the blizzard passed. This was our chance to make up for lost time...

screenshot_20130306-22-07-32.jpg
    Driving as if they were possessed by the spirit of Vanu himself, Mitch and Paul, astride of Bear and Rudolph respectively, tore across a frozen river and into the distance... I was left trailing behind, taken back by their second wind of energy... However, all good Geologists know the effects that gravity and traction can have on speed. So with science on my side, i dubbed my Flash: Gordon, aimed him at the steepest path of decent and gunned it in the direction they'd headed. Queen ringing in my ears.

screenshot_20130306-22-07-34.jpg
    Soon i was barreling furiously down the slope at break-neck speed, geological structure compositions dancing around inside my head, engine wailing like a banshee... Then. I heard a deafening roar behind me, had i broken the sound barrier?! Was i about to enter the 5th dimension!? Was this a catagory 7+ Richter scale tremor right beneath my wheels?!! Either way, all this science ecstasy meant i needed a change of spandex, and soon... It all became soberingly apparent though as i made out the faint, inspirational, cheers of encoragement (or damning shouts of abuse, for being so far away from the fight, it was hard to make out) coming from a friendly giraffe-clad Liberator swooping down overhead...

screenshot_20130306-22-40-54.jpg
    Meanwhile, Mitch and Paul were already halfway towards our expeditions destination. Avoiding the odd Vanguard and Mosquito here and there... Unbeknownst to them though, they were to come upon an interesting example of what happens when you don't know your Geology...
    Last edited by NickWhite; 08-03-2013 at 12:18 AM.

Report: The Lost Amp Station...

screenshot_20130307-16-52-34.jpg screenshot_20130307-16-53-19.jpg screenshot_20130307-16-53-59.jpg screenshot_20130307-16-54-16.jpg

Little is known about this Amp Station... Was it structurally sound when it was commissioned and over time and temperature change, became subsided? Or perhaps it simply sank straight into the Snow?... NS refused to comment when we asked them. So many un answered questions... Finally reunited, we all concluded our thoughts on this negligible understanding of the intricate and complex relationship between a buildings foundations, and the surrounding Geology... We collectively shook our heads, rolled our eyes and tutted. In true VS fashion.

screenshot_20130307-16-54-48.jpg
    Last edited by NickWhite; 07-03-2013 at 06:10 PM.

Geologists log: Day 247, Esamir...

Intrepid Expeditionary force: Ranulph Fiennes, Mitchk, Myself, Bear Grylls and BasicPauly.

These brave 'Vanu Sovereignty
    Auraxian Geological Society' members, after a quick warp from Amerish, adorn themselves in Purple and Giraffe Parka's and prepare to depart onto the harsh and desolate tundra... The goal: Further exploration of geological anomalies underneath the great "Eastern Frozen Sea" linking Esamir with a yet undiscovered continent, that some call, "Hossin"

screenshot_20130306-21-47-06.jpg
    Sensing an oportunity was already at hand, i hastely smeared some factor 9000 sun cream onto the bridge of my nose and hightailed it for the nearest geological outcrop... I glanced back to see if the others had followed...

screenshot_20130306-21-46-32.jpg
    Alas, they hadn't... Paul was still overzealously tightening his crevasse groin harness and Mitch was still waiting at the NS spawn chambers for the tardy Grylls and Fiennes... I turned around, scanned the horizon and thought of life back on earth... Wondering if i would ever return.

screenshot_20130306-21-30-341.jpg
    Finally, word arrived that Fiennes and Grylls had been tragically killed when they accidentally redeployed onto The Crown.

screenshot_20130306-21-54-03.jpg
    With this news sitting heavily in our hearts, we took turns at staring meaningfully into the distance and acquired three Flash ATVs, approprietly naming them: Bear and Rudolph in their honour. With nothing left to hold us back, we nervously set out from the warpgate...
    Last edited by NickWhite; 10-03-2013 at 02:40 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by NickWhite View Post
    Geologists log: Day 247, Esamir...
    Amazeballs! Wasn't expecting it, but I actually cannot wait to see what happens.