Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    screenshot_20130306-22-46-51.jpg
    "Oooo, let's stop, this is a good place for a picture.."

screenshot_20130306-22-34-19.jpg
    Sweet air man, yeah.

screenshot_20130306-22-26-29.jpg
    SOOO MANYYYYYY UNDULATIONS!!!

screenshot_20130307-16-55-46.jpg
    And then we were there!!! At the anomaly coordinates! We dug through the 3 metre thick ice with our bare hands and there it was, staring up at us like some kind of Stephen Merchant voiced portal 2 rip off. As we stared back into its eye we made funny faces and demanded that it give us more batteries.

screenshot_20130306-22-19-25.jpg
    Ahead stood the "Eastern Frozen Sea". We moonwalked across the ice in victory until Mitch let out a yelp and exclaimed "IT'S HIM! FORGIVE ME MIGHTY VANU!". Then i heard it. "LEAVE THE RESTRICTED AREA IMMEDIATELY." Surely that was the mighty Vanu?! "His will be done!" we praised. We were already doomed. Traction is a cruel misstress on ice...

We were struck down. Mitch first with a stylish collapse that earnt him a 9/10 from the judge from Japan, then Paul half way through a "I NEED YOUR HELP!" voip...

In those final seconds, having seen my fellow Geologists smited mere feet from me, i glanced at the shapes in the corner of my eye. The Flash's: Gordon, Bear and Rudolph. "They outlived us afterall i muttered."

"Is this how it ends?"
    Last edited by NickWhite; 10-03-2013 at 02:47 PM.
    Planetside 2 - NickTheNegligent // Steam - Nick

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by NickWhite View Post
    Geologists log: Day 247, Esamir...
    Amazeballs! Wasn't expecting it, but I actually cannot wait to see what happens.

Didn't see this coming haha, nice job

Secondary Hivemind Nexus BasicPauly's Avatar
    HAHAHAHA... me either. We did get some nice shots between us. Here are some more that nick didnt have space for in his collage of our efforts:

screenshot_20130306-21-17-17.jpgscreenshot_20130306-21-52-05.jpgscreenshot_20130306-21-57-20.jpgscreenshot_20130306-21-00-42.jpg

Secondary Hivemind Nexus BasicPauly's Avatar
    Added bonus: At the end of the night on indar, I was tring to do some fly bys for nick, but crashed into the ground... to my absolute delight (and horror) this happened:

screenshot_20130306-23-10-49.jpgscreenshot_20130306-23-09-41.jpgscreenshot_20130306-23-07-54.jpg

Somehow, when I crashed into the ground, instead of fully exploding, when trying to right myself, the game pushed me through the ground into the abyss.

Few extras from me also!

Last edited by MitchK; 17-03-2013 at 01:15 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    Superb job all, very inspiring stuff. I particularly like those radial and symmetrical shots of objects. Very Kubrick.

This thread is fast turning into a storyboard treasure trove.

01 - 20130309-14-09-00 swatch.jpg

Edited down from about 160 shots, still need to cull more. I've just realised that almost every shot has the sun in it! Meh. Need to find somewhere to host them: I didn't take them through Steam as I feel kind of bad about using RPS's bandwidth. Things I learned:

The reduced depth of field when zoomed in appears to be both a blessing and a curse at times;
    The particles on the ultra settings I used often ruin screenshots;
    The sun barely goes below the horizon on Esamir as you'd expect, but nice touch;
    Jumpjets are awesome;
    Exploring is fun;
    Woodman is a really quiet server.
    Last edited by eltdown; 10-03-2013 at 03:03 PM. Reason: Cold fingers spell poorly.

Those look really nice, at least in thumbnail form. Make sure you link to wherever you upload them! The one's of the aurora look great, I need to snap some of that myself.

Tons of my shots have the sun in too, I think it's just a nice focal point in panoramic shots! A lot of the time on Esamir there's not much else to take shots of lol, it's so sparse!

My setup for photoshooting is LA with 4x scope on the rifle. I use the pistol mostly, but you get a nice perspective with the 4x on things far away. And yeah, jump jets are a must!

I'm running out of desktop backgrounds to rotate, any more coming?

Yeah, we need to go do some more! In the meantime, here's a few that didn't make the cut in the first post:

[edit: now linked thumbs, thanks to eltdown & Jag]

Last edited by MitchK; 17-03-2013 at 01:06 PM.

And some from the second outing:

[edit: linked thumbs]

Last edited by MitchK; 17-03-2013 at 01:10 PM.

MitchK: I'm beginning to think that the RPS site horribly compresses images as some of those almost look a little blurry? I've not long since got up though, so could just be me. Liking the new shots!

Apologies in advance for these, as the hosting site won't give me thumbnails: they're full 1920x1080 and not small files.

First decent shot from the "one half of Esamir" set.

Spot the Mossy.

Sunset with bonus mountain.

Sunset with bonus shadows.

More to follow (apparently I can only post four at a time), may need to come back and edit this if I get thumbnails or they're killing everyone's bandwidth.
    Last edited by eltdown; 17-03-2013 at 03:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by eltdown View Post
    MitchK: I'm beginning to think that the RPS site horribly compresses images as some of those almost look a little blurry?
    Hmm. Once I've uploaded them they come out in all manner of wacky resolutions! Bit strange, I'll see if I can sort it.

Glad you like them though. The last one of yours is completely awesome!

Great stuff as ever guys, might I humbly recommend http://tinypic.com/ for your uploads? P sure it comes with thumbs.

Cheers guys, fixed now. For some reason it now won't let me post 5 pics at a time any more, so here are the last two:

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by MitchK View Post
    Cheers guys, fixed now. For some reason it now won't let me post 5 pics at a time any more, so here are the last two:
    I thought RPS had always been 4 max? It's been that way for a very long time in the main screenshots thread.
    "Swans are so big, they're like the Ostriches of the bird world"

My first post on the thread and three other posts have 5 images in them...don't know whether the forum starts restricting the number of images per post after a while or something? I put 5 up in the post I made this morning, it was only after I edited it that it told me I couldn't

Added some links to my previous post. More landscapes:

Near Elli Amp Station.

Old Shore Checkpoint with Frostbite Harbor in the distance.

This puts the sunderer fire circle we did that one time into perspective (not mine);