So I've been flying a Reaver with RTRS, crashing, dying, crashing some more, dying even more, rage quitting some, occasionally doing something good and dying some more (to a level billion mozzie pilot). In the quiet times when those things aren't happening, I tend to fly about like a berk in the warp gate, or around a facility. And it got me thinking... it'd be fun to set up check points and do a great big race. During live server time, while a war goes on. The idea I've been thinking of would be a run from the north western most corner of Indar all the way to the South eastern most. I haven't put much more thought into it than that, but I think you can imagine some of the possibilities. The race would be very much a ground hugging agility and accuracy thing. You can't shoot others, but you can crash into them (to your detriment). It would be balanced by having everyone spawn bog standard default mossies on level one characters. We're all gentlemen here so I don't see that anyone would turn up with Racer airframe 3 for the sake of an epic dick around.

Problem is, how to share out a map of the checkpoints and then adjudicate that people have crossed them. The fastest route from point A to point B in a Mosquito is probably in an arc similar to a civilian air liner. Does anyone have any ideas? I could easily publish a set of screenshots that show the 30 or so 'route gates' (think Just Cause 2) that would make up a decent race. But having 30 people stand around to watch the pilots go through them is no fun...

Now I've run out of steam... Air race! make it happen! Imagine a peaceful, ordinary war being fought when fourty mosquitoes bundle through on a tight line for some unknown mission, exploding on scenery and generally flipping out. Imagine the madness.