ARMA 3 improvements

Arma 3 improvements

[youtube]G8vrbzNYEwM[/youtube]

http://dslyecxi.com/arma3-alpha-controls/

and some posses
    Last edited by Dwarden; 05-03-2013 at 01:26 AM.

gear and weapon customization

Obscure Node
    Decided I'll give Arma 3 a go. I never really got into Arma 2 although I enjoyed watching the ShackTac vids. Will try to attend the Arma 3 gatherings here :)

All that ArmA 3 footage is beautiful (and the Alpha is even more beautiful), but if you've never played ArmA 2 with a decent-sized group, then join your fellow RPS denizens this coming Sunday at the Folk ARPS Sunday Session! We've always got extra AK's (or M4's if we're feeling adventurous!) for people who haven't had pals to play ArmA 2 with before!

~ Ferrard

Some info about new Fog system we just added to Arma 3 Alpha (development branch)

I thought they added this to the regular Alpha release in the last patch? Either way, it looks amazing and will make for some awesome missions no doubt.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Hi Dwarden.

Bought the Alpha literally within minutes of it coming out (bought every one of these games and expansions since the first OF) but I can't play the damn game because my frame rate is ridiculously low even on medium settings. I have an i7860@3.5ghz and 2xgtx680's and this is my frame rate at the moment...

and that's with pip turned off, clouds turned off, no AA, post processing off, less than 2k view distance and high ish settings for the rest. I'ver also tried all the launch option tweaks that are floating around.

Are there any tips from improving the FPS and are you working with nvidia at the moment to improve performance? I appreciate this is an alpha but still. Also, there was an SLI profile released for the game last year so why is there no SLI optimisation whatsoever?
    Last edited by SephKing; 22-04-2013 at 12:45 AM.

Disable sli, in game vsync off, and use nvidia adaptive vsync.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarlac View Post
    Disable sli, in game vsync off, and use nvidia adaptive vsync.
    Thanks. That did help a little bit but still struggle to stay above 30. The weird thing is, I only play Wasteland yet some servers I join I get 15fps and others I get 30 (irrespective of player numbers). Never mind.

Obscure Node
    Wasteland MURDERS arma.

ACK!

I've had enough of this game, I want to love it but the AI ruin it. They shoot you when they should never have seen you and you couldnt possibly know they're there, and they do it with their second bullet using iron sights at 300 metres, but if I lower the AI's ability they become static targets.

BIS game us all kinds of improvements that make the game look and play nicer but the broken AI suck the fun out of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by El_MUERkO View Post
    ACK!

I've had enough of this game, I want to love it but the AI ruin it. They shoot you when they should never have seen you and you couldnt possibly know they're there, and they do it with their second bullet using iron sights at 300 metres, but if I lower the AI's ability they become static targets.

BIS game us all kinds of improvements that make the game look and play nicer but the broken AI suck the fun out of the game.
    You should try playing in an organised group you will get a far different experience. Folk ARPS play on Sundays and Tuesdays if you want to check it out.

update 1.08 was released today ...

http://www.arma3.com/news/aaf-reinfo...3#.UqjMPSmA3mF

Changelog: http://dev.arma3.com/spotrep-00016

Linux & Windows standalone server package (2GB): http://dev.arma3.com/techrep-00002

new vehicles and other goodies , gazillion of fixes and tweaks ...

more to come next year :)