Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

RPS Simcity regions

Are people up for an RPS region on friday when the game launches in EU? I'm interested in the multiplayer features but playing "public" multiplayer isn't really a thing I enjoy.
    Twitter! Occasional impressions on random sim games.

Network Hub
    I'm in.

/charlimit

I dont know how many are really going to get in this game, as those DRM nuts are crusading against it again. Wait, no, everyone will get this game.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

"It's frankly embarrassing. The mods on here are woeful."

"I wrinkled my nose at QC being a mod."

"At least he has some personality."

Is there gonna be a demo?

Banned
    I sure am. Hopefully the staggered launch will mean the server issues have passed by friday.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    I'd be up for it, but it might be a while before I buy the game.

Nice, does anyone know how it'll work? Can we make a region with a password or will it have to be "friends only" and then just add ppl on Origin? I don't know since those functions weren't in the initial beta. Let's do this then, I pre-bought from GMG quite a while ago. And I guess there's no reason why not to have Americans in the same one too, after all, it's just a pseudo-multiplayer. Guess it shouldn't cause any latency anywhere?

Activated Node
    I'm definitely up for playing this weekend, assuming their EU servers will be borderline functional.

Quote Originally Posted by jnx View Post
    Nice, does anyone know how it'll work? Can we make a region with a password or will it have to be "friends only" and then just add ppl on Origin? I don't know since those functions weren't in the initial beta. Let's do this then, I pre-bought from GMG quite a while ago. And I guess there's no reason why not to have Americans in the same one too, after all, it's just a pseudo-multiplayer. Guess it shouldn't cause any latency anywhere?
    You create a region, set it to private then you can invite people from your Origin friend list in.

Unless Origin crashes (again) and then SimCity turns off :D

Expect massive queues though, the US servers were around 30-45 minutes wait before playing today.
    Last edited by Choca; 05-03-2013 at 11:04 PM.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Swayze View Post
    I sure am. Hopefully the staggered launch will mean the server issues have passed by friday.
    Only the North America East and North America West servers are having any issues right now. The Euro and Oceania servers have no wait time. Unfortunately, due to the cloud saving stuff, if you start a region on one server, you have to keep using that server to continue to use that region.

Obscure Node
    Count me in! I so want to play this game with trusted people. I'm the only person in my region with a decent city and it limits my exchanges quite a bit... I'm playing on US East as I'm canadian but I don't mind using an Euro server at all.

Add Grindy52 in Origin!

Also, so far so good, I have not seen a queue yet.

Maybe we should get the region created before EU launch, this way people will be able to get into it right away whenever the mighty queue gods let them in on D-Day.

Obviously it would have to be one of the 16 cities region, or maybe one of the 11 ones might be enough.

Obscure Node
    Isn't the more the better? Since we don't really know how many will join us... plus we could always dedicate some cities to some services like electricity creation and wastes disposal if we have some unused spots.

Oh I'll definitely take care of that, I love horribly polluted cities.

Yeah I think we should pick the 16 one although at the moment there isn't much of a crowd. I guess I go by the name of "nolineofsight" on Origin. Feel free to add in advance. Already got the code from GMG but I don't dare do any VPN stuff with EA :C

They've added new European servers this morning, I vote we pick Europe West 2 on launch day so we can avoid some of the queue at least.

Be careful if you try to skip the tutorial, you can get stuck in it indefinitely.

As far as regions go we have a choice (for 16 cities ones) between : a fairly balanced one, one with rich mineral/coal stuff but low water, and one with rich petrol/water but silly maps with loads of river that take up space in a game with tiny cities.

The balanced one or mineral ones are the best of the lot as far as I'm concerned.
    Last edited by Choca; 06-03-2013 at 10:47 AM.

So how do you not get stuck? I'm not interested in playing the tutorial a second time :F

The lower the pop the better in my opinion, this isn't an mmo after all.

Quote Originally Posted by jnx View Post
    So how do you not get stuck? I'm not interested in playing the tutorial a second time :F
    Don't really know, I currently can't play on one of the European servers because I'm stuck in infinite loop.

Obscure Node
    I'm on the east coast of the US, but I'd be willing to take a stab at playing on a euro server. My Origin name is Zarkk. If anyone wants to try out a small starter region just to mess around with I'll have one up as soon as I finish the tutorial.

There is a bit of snow here today so everything is closed, what great timing!

Obscure Node
    I really don't mind any map, usually I prefer those with rivers and cool looking geo rather than good old plains but I'm pretty sure I'll find a spot that will be fun no matter what map we take. :P

I love bridges.