Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Grindy View Post
    I really don't mind any map, usually I prefer those with rivers and cool looking geo rather than good old plains but I'm pretty sure I'll find a spot that will be fun no matter what map we take. :P

I love bridges.
    Extremely tiny maps + no terraforming = rivers and mountains are the enemy.

Seriously, I used to love a good river too but the maps in SimCity are so tiny that you're going to hate everything that isn't flat ground with a passion.

I guess you didn't play Anno then? The core of the game was the knowledge that you'll run out of space and had to optimize. Coming from that mind set, rather than SC4 enthusiast, I don't see the small map size as such a big deal. But of course, I haven't played the full version yet.
    Twitter! Occasional impressions on random sim games.

Quote Originally Posted by jnx View Post
    I guess you didn't play Anno then? The core of the game was the knowledge that you'll run out of space and had to optimize. Coming from that mind set, rather than SC4 enthusiast, I don't see the small map size as such a big deal. But of course, I haven't played the full version yet.
    Filling up your very first island in Anno takes much longer than it takes to complete an entire map in SimCity. It's really really tiny, it can be done in about two hours, seriously.

Obscure Node
    I still love me some rivers! ;)

I think the challenge on these tinier maps come from swapping infrastructures when you need to and dealing with the consequences of these moves.

Morning, so is our region up yet? Downloading the game right now but probably won't have time to start it up before work.

Hmm ok so I got it up and running but am having problems in starting up our region. Think their servers are hammered or something because claiming a site just produces "unable to build your city at this time" error. And once it approved it and I got to game and started sending invites, then that was "unable to send at this time". Then I figure ok I'll just play a bit, and then got stuck on infinite loading. So yeah, may well be that this thing ain't setup today.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    I'm interested in joining an RPS region, whenever one gets up and running. Origin username EsotericReverie. I'm a long-time reader of RPS, but somewhat new to the community. I have been very active in the fantasome RPS Planetside 2 outfit Rock, Planet, Shotgun (shameless plug for a great game and a great group) for the last 2-3 months.
    Last edited by EsotericReverie; 07-03-2013 at 08:08 AM.

I'll be heading to work now so if anyone gets the thing to actually work meanwhile, send ppl invites.

Network Hub
    I'm on the verge of giving up. I wasn't having any issues on Monday night/Tuesday morning, but today has been an endless clusterfuck of server issues, and I just got an error telling me that my city was 'not processing correctly,' after which I was booted out to the main menu and then unable to load my city again.

I'm going to give it another day, but I think I'm going to try to get a refund, maybe try again in a few months.

I managed to get in game, and booted up a copy of the 16-slot Viridian Woods region, named Rock, Paper, Simoleons. Send me a friend request on Origin, or PM me your Origing ID if you want to join. EsotericReverie is my Origin ID.

Network Hub
    Downloaded the game and accessed the servers successfully last night - took about four hours. I have no idea which server I landed in because I tried them at random in hopes of one of them working. I'd be down for Viridian Woods: my OID is Solvain. Thanks, EsotericReverie!

Hmm still not working. Maybe tomorrow then.

Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    I managed to get in game, and booted up a copy of the 16-slot Viridian Woods region, named Rock, Paper, Simoleons. Send me a friend request on Origin, or PM me your Origing ID if you want to join. EsotericReverie is my Origin ID.
    I'm akwartz on Origin, I've invited you to my friend list and will join you guys in Viridian Woods (which is the best 16 cities region in my opinion).

Network Hub
    I'll join you, though won't be on until tomorrow. I'm Esteluk on Origin.

Quote Originally Posted by X_kot View Post
    Downloaded the game and accessed the servers successfully last night - took about four hours. I have no idea which server I landed in because I tried them at random in hopes of one of them working. I'd be down for Viridian Woods: my OID is Solvain. Thanks, EsotericReverie!
    Quote Originally Posted by Choca View Post
    I'm akwartz on Origin, I've invited you to my friend list and will join you guys in Viridian Woods (which is the best 16 cities region in my opinion).
    Quote Originally Posted by Estel View Post
    I'll join you, though won't be on until tomorrow. I'm Esteluk on Origin.
    Sent friend invites to or accepted ditto from you three. Will have to wait for region invites until I get in the bloody game again...

Obscure Node
    Heya folks,

I have this game pre-ordered too and would love to join you this weekend if you have any space left. I'm Naetharu1984 on Origin if that helps.

Naetharu

Obscure Node
    Sent you a friend request as well Esoteric, I'm Grindy52 on Origin.

Obscure Node
    I'm up for the Viridian Woods map, I'm Zarkk on Origin. I'll try to friend people next time I have the chance.

Ugh, now if I could only manage to get in game...

Quote Originally Posted by Naetharu View Post
    I have this game pre-ordered too and would love to join you this weekend if you have any space left. I'm Naetharu1984 on Origin if that helps.
    HAven't managed a single invite yet, so no worries. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Grindy View Post
    Sent you a friend request as well Esoteric, I'm Grindy52 on Origin.
    Yeah, got that one. If you can get on EU West 2, send me a message, and we'll see about that region invite. (if it works)

Quote Originally Posted by SkippyMcGee View Post
    I'm up for the Viridian Woods map, I'm Zarkk on Origin. I'll try to friend people next time I have the chance.
    Sent you a friend request. See if we can meet up in-game some time.