Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Network Hub
    Choca, I found it helpful to do house chores/cooking while waiting to connect. Also, if you haven't tried it yet, clear out all of the files in the SimCityUserData folder - that may help.

Quote Originally Posted by X_kot View Post
    Choca, I found it helpful to do house chores/cooking while waiting to connect. Also, if you haven't tried it yet, clear out all of the files in the SimCityUserData folder - that may help.
    Heh, I did my work out while waiting to connect and finally got in. Can't see any of you guys online though and can't find our neighbourhood because the "Join Game" thingy is so abysmal.

EDIT : And the servers booted me out. Fun times.
    Last edited by Choca; 07-03-2013 at 07:24 PM.

So how many are we atm? 8? Didn't bother counting, heh. Hope you manage the invites soon eso. I started a private town that I played a bit earlier when it worked but I'd like to get to "proper" playing on weekend :)
    Twitter! Occasional impressions on random sim games.

Quote Originally Posted by jnx View Post
    So how many are we atm? 8? Didn't bother counting, heh. Hope you manage the invites soon eso. I started a private town that I played a bit earlier when it worked but I'd like to get to "proper" playing on weekend :)
    The problem is that you have to both be in-game at the same time for him to invite you and right now that's pretty hard to do :D

Quote Originally Posted by Choca View Post
    The problem is that you have to both be in-game at the same time for him to invite you and right now that's pretty hard to do :D
    Lol seriously? Hah. Well no matter, my city will be better planned out then.
    Twitter! Occasional impressions on random sim games.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    I am online right at this moment, so if anyone of you are too (on EU West 2) give me a message in-game, and let's try to hook up.

Alright, that's it. No chance for any invites tonight. We'll see if the servers are more cooperative tomorrow. Goodnight.

Network Hub
    So apparently they're refusing to give refunds to people who bought through Origin, so I'll try and stick with it.

I'm Fafhrd42 on Origin.

Obscure Node
    Well, the "join game" search tool is busted for me. Doesn't matter if I change maps or friends, it still gives me the same servers. I also don't have any game invites, but I'm not sure if they haven't been sent out yet or if that's broke too...

Servers seem to be back in health again now, so game invites were sent this morning to the first seven people to give me their Origin IDs or send me friend requests. The region is on Europe West 2, make sure to log on to that server if you want to join. If you still can't see the game invite, send me a message, and I'll see what can be done. Note: I am actually working today, and will only be able to help with this "maintenance" stuff a few times during the day, on breaks. :)

Some ground rules:
    - One city per player. There are already at least nine of us interested in region play, some of whom have expressed their interest in other threads.

- Don't be an arsehat.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave L. View Post
    I'm Fafhrd42 on Origin.
    Friend request sent. Can get you an invite once that is accepted.

Quote Originally Posted by SkippyMcGee View Post
    Well, the "join game" search tool is busted for me. Doesn't matter if I change maps or friends, it still gives me the same servers. I also don't have any game invites, but I'm not sure if they haven't been sent out yet or if that's broke too...
    The game is private, so cannot be found with the join game tool and game invites went out just now. Servers have been acting up and this morning was the first time I even saw a single entry in my SimCity friends list in-game. :)

Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    Servers seem to be back in health again now, so game invites were sent this morning to the first seven people to give me their Origin IDs or send me friend requests.
    I'm in, cheers.

Now, SEND ME YOUR TOURISTS SO THEY GIVE ME THEIR MONEY ! :D

EDIT : Gah, they turned off cheetah speed (it's now the same as llama speed) for some reason, that's going to make the starting hours boring :(
    Last edited by Choca; 08-03-2013 at 07:33 AM.

Yeah, I noticed. Good!

They turned Cheetah off? Teh headache...

Me, I need workers. Also, probably a commuter's train station.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    I can't get on West 2 at any time of the day or night. West 4 works for me. Will have to play with you later Eso!
    Find me on the Steams

That is truly weird...

Network Hub
    What specialities have you gone for with your cities?

Quote Originally Posted by Estel View Post
    What specialities have you gone for with your cities?
    I'm mostly touristic so far.

I'm doing industry, some mining of coal and ore, trying to make the switch over to cleaner tech but finding the education system a bit opaque. Took me forever to get to build a dept. of Education, required for high schools. Finally got one up, and it turns out My education budget is at like 6000-7000 cash per hour. Then I got hit by a meteor shower. It turned out okay in the end, but looked a bit hairy for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    Then I got hit by a meteor shower. It turned out okay in the end, but looked a bit hairy for a bit.
    Yeah the disasters are a massive pain, I just lost a 225.000$ stadium that I had just bought to the godzilla-like monster.

I'd certainly be interested in joining you fine chaps if there's room, although I'm a complete newb (not had much experience with prior Sim City games either), but well versed with the likes of Settlers and Anno, so I'm hoping to pick things up as I go.

Sent out a friend request to you EsotericReverie.

Hope to play alongside you all soon!
    Virtual Organ Doner - "It's better to gib, than to receive."
    .: Steam :: Screenshots :: Steam Beautiful Screenshots Group :.

Obscure Node
    I got the invite but the game wouldn't let me actually claim a spot. I'll try again when I get back from work. As far as specialization, I'm really torn. On the one hand, it's easy money to get coal/ore/oil out of the ground, but on the other hand, those resources are limited so you'd have to switch gears eventually. Seems like it'd be better to do something like tourism or gambling that doesn't have an end point. One thing I'm not sure about is if it is possible to work up to something like a refinery, then import the oil and still make a profit.

From my first game it is clear that education has lots of benefits. Educated sims hurt themselves less, cause fires less and resort to crime less. Plus high tech industry pollutes less, and you need educated sims to run a nuke plant without causing a meltdown. You also need a university to research top level upgrades to some buildings and for the great works.

Speaking of that, should we pick and start working toward our first great work?