Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    This is just a quick request to NinjaDeath. I don't suppose you could do a basic start on the other city you have claimed or abandon it? I think abandoning it should be safe, that's not what bugged the other region but I personally don't mind you running two cities if you feel up to the task. I ask because my little corner of the woods is pretty quiet and I wouldn't mind some other cities nearby to share jobs/workers with and sell/buy utilities from as well as getting some help with the Space Centre I just started. Ridebird just joined but our other two neighbouring regions are yours and the bugged one. I would really love a city to connect to with my train :)

Banned
    I shall get it dropped! I thought it did but I had massive troubles getting into the game initially.

Banned
    But ffs 11 minutes till i'm in.

Took some time away from our region today to work on a special project:

Virtual Organ Doner - "It's better to gib, than to receive."
    .: Steam :: Screenshots :: Steam Beautiful Screenshots Group :.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    Hello Llama!

Thank you. It seems like that money just went up in smoke though, or I failed to grab it somehow. Regardless, I'll probably send you some coal soon. How do I make it known that I want to sell coal and ore and such? Didn't find any "hey, you, I got coal"-button in the region interface. Just tools for sending different services.

Anyway, Burgertown is all about gambling, crime and dirty industry. We are a greasy kind of folk, hence the name. We are trying to contain our crime problem somewhat while keeping our lucrative gambling going, and we aim to keep the city clean but export a lot of dirty goods.

Our coal export is running fine, setting up ore later tonight perhaps. I smacked up a department of Finance, dunno what that does though.

edit: To clarify, we have no use for coal/ore as of now, so I'll send you some Llama.
    Last edited by RIDEBIRD; 10-03-2013 at 07:09 PM.
    Find me on the Steams

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    How are you managing to get such high population levels? I'm in a city with some friends on another server and I'm struggling at 40,000 pop with some industry and some commercial in the mix.

EDIT: I need to jump on West 2 and check out the cities you guys have built.

Network Hub
    EU West 2 is down for maintenance : http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/li....page#27456857

Network Hub
    New Davington Heights is getting repeated rollback problems. Twice in twenty minutes. The second one may have lost the city outright, as it's taking forever to load in again.

[edit]New Davington Heights is gone. Fuck cloud saving in its fluffy white eyesockets. I'll give it a day or so and see if the Missing Cities help thread in the EA answer forums actually gets it back, after that I'll abandon the plot. I don't know if anyone will be able to retake it, though.
    Last edited by Dave L.; 11-03-2013 at 12:52 AM.

Are there any RPS guys who are playing on American West #4? I'm just looking for regions to join and help out that are full of the typical RPS types.

I'll probably make a post but you can PM me if you have a region I can join.

Thanks
    One of the few gentlemen that play video games.

This is what I love about rps, I swagger in wondering if anyone is playing the new sim city hoping to find some fellow city builder and lo and behold your already at it! :) Any chance I can join you guys if your not full up? I was thinking building a college town, or possible a tourist metropolis!
    Where you can find some of my mischief: http://karandraz.wordpress.com/

Obscure Node
    Between all the server nonsense we've been putting up with it seems like it might be best to just count this region as practice for organizing ourselves for a do-over when things settle down.

EDIT: when I mean practice, I mean stuff like not researching the same things, agreeing on which great work to build, figuring out utility coverage and stuff like that.

On another note, did someone put up that solar array in our quadrant on purpose? It seems like that'd be the least useful of the great works, since an upgraded nuke plant produces way more energy than a single city would ever need. Am I missing something?
    Last edited by SkippyMcGee; 11-03-2013 at 01:23 AM.

Network Hub
    I started the Solar Farm last night. An upgraded nuke plant may put out a lot of power, but it also requires a really expensive education system to support, costs a lot of money to run, and the space it takes up could be used for other things. As I understand it, the Solar Farm could power all four cities in its quadrant for less than one person running a multi-reactor nuclear plant and everyone else buying from them.

Obscure Node
    Ah ok. Worth a shot anyway. I can provide the alloy. My city usually only hovers around -$5k so I can afford to ship out my income for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by SkippyMcGee View Post
    Between all the server nonsense we've been putting up with it seems like it might be best to just count this region as practice for organizing ourselves for a do-over when things settle down.
    Yeah, I agree. Also the regional trade and stuff seem really unreliable atm. Must be because of the server load or something.
    Twitter! Occasional impressions on random sim games.

Hullo folks! Somehow I have snuck into EU West 2. If there's places spare in the RPS region there, I would very much appreciate an invite.

My Origin ID is 'Seigous'.

Thanks folks!
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

My GW2 blog that you can follow on Twitter.

Seems my luck came to an end.

Currently, my city no longer seems to export any trade. Yesterday, I spent the majority of the day on a new city (many hours), only to have to 'roll back' and now my city no longer opens, resulting in all that lost progress. I fear this might happen to Oiliumbaya on our region, so will probably leave things as they are until server stability is sorted.

Such a shame, was really enjoying it, but the huge chunk of wasted time is a bit of a downer.
    Virtual Organ Doner - "It's better to gib, than to receive."
    .: Steam :: Screenshots :: Steam Beautiful Screenshots Group :.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Interesting to see the fairly good-humoured way in which people take the game servers messing up their games for them. Had this been any other web community I know of, the tone would have been... different. <3

Quote Originally Posted by karandraz View Post
    This is what I love about rps, I swagger in wondering if anyone is playing the new sim city hoping to find some fellow city builder and lo and behold your already at it! :) Any chance I can join you guys if your not full up? I was thinking building a college town, or possible a tourist metropolis!
    Quote Originally Posted by Krathor View Post
    Hullo folks! Somehow I have snuck into EU West 2. If there's places spare in the RPS region there, I would very much appreciate an invite.

My Origin ID is 'Seigous'.
    Send a friend request to EsotericReverie, and I can throw you an invite to the region at EU West 2, there's still a few empty slots.

Quote Originally Posted by SkippyMcGee View Post

EDIT: when I mean practice, I mean stuff like not researching the same things, agreeing on which great work to build, figuring out utility coverage and stuff like that.
    Yeah, that's probably a really good idea, actually. We're all learning how the game works and everything. One of the most important things to coordinate, I think, is what departments to add to city halls. All of the bonuses are region-wide, so there's really no need for more than one of each department in the entire region, right? Also, do great works only share their bonus with the adjacent cities, or are they actually region-wide, as the description says?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave L. View Post
    I started the Solar Farm last night. An upgraded nuke plant may put out a lot of power, but it also requires a really expensive education system to support, costs a lot of money to run, and the space it takes up could be used for other things. As I understand it, the Solar Farm could power all four cities in its quadrant for less than one person running a multi-reactor nuclear plant and everyone else buying from them.
    Agreed and also, the nuclear plants guzzle water like nothing else that I've seen. This is actually a problem, even if you're treating all of your sewage water and pumping it back up the fresh-water pipes. (This has solved my immediate water shortages, by the way!)

One more thing we should do really, is start up a new thread specifically for this region, to keep this thread clean for those interested in playing somewhere else. I've done this here: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/foru...ns-region-chat
    Last edited by EsotericReverie; 11-03-2013 at 10:21 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    I had a problem, last time I was one, where all of the traffic on the highway was locked, because one car somehow failed to get into the next city, and all the other vehicles just filled the entire highway all the way back to my city, and a good ways into the city proper, leaving my delivery trucks locked in the traffic jam, and me without my principal source of income. I'm just hoping this has gone away by the time I check back in or I'm going to have serious problems...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    Can we just switch to EUW6 or something? 2 seems quite messed up and is always full.
    Find me on the Steams

Banned
    Even before the major patching I was having trouble with my city, it got 'rolled back' because they were having 'trouble processing it' and now I can't even find it.

What Region are we likely to get going on then?