Anyone Playing Age of Wushu?

offline_system_6.jpg

http://www.ageofwushu.com/

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013...ushu-now-live/

I've had my eye on this game for a while, but I haven't had a chance to play it until recently. Does anyone else here play, and/or have any opinions/advice/whatever? Danke.

Nim

Played it back in closed beta, translation was horrendous, UI horrible and lag made combat pretty much impossible.

It does have some interesting features though.

I played it for a couple of days at its release, I haven't noticed any of the problems Choca is talking about so they might have corrected that. There still is a bit of lag due to the servers being in the US obviously.
    It's fun for a few days as you discover the various possible activities, and some things are awesome at first (the team training is cool to see for example, until you get bored of it 5 minutes later). But it becomes very repetitive, very quickly (unless you're PKing your way to entertainment, and I think it could work quite well as a sandbox for a RP community) and in the end it all boils down to grinding the various achievements. It really felt like it was more targeted at the kind of people who enjoy Facebook games.
    I found the F2P model quite obnoxious too: the characters' speed is excruciatingly slow to encourage you to buy a mount at the cash shop, and the VIP subscription looked like a must-have if you don't want to be grinding for years.
    Last edited by Skhalt; 19-07-2013 at 10:00 AM.

I had much the same experience as Skhalt.

Also, some of the systems are weird and poorly-documented (Meridian system? So I can boost the qi of my big toe? Huh?)

It did have my favorite throwaway tutorial miniquest from an MMO, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Skhalt View Post
    I played it for a couple of days at its release, I haven't noticed any of the problems Choca is talking about so they might have corrected that.
    That's good to hear, maybe I'll try it again at some point.

It does feel like the kind of game that pretty much requires you to play with a large amount of close-knitted people to enjoy though.

I do have a high tolerance for Korean -> English google translations and wonky UIs though, so the fact that nothing stood out badly for me might simply be down to that :p

I'll take that to mean that no one from rps is playing right now, and so I won't bother.