Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Network Hub

Radiance RPG Funtimes

Radiance: Of Steam and Sorcery

Victorian steampunk adventures, fraught with danger and opportunity! Exploring a world caught in the throes of revolution, both political and scientific! Talking and shooting/slashing/fleeing!

Current cast (full!):

"Mister" Tharg, half-orc barbarian (PresidentWeasel) [background +1]
    Sir Nemo Lloyd, atlan elementalist (Screwie) [background +1]
    Cathal Dubh, human gunslinger (palindrome) [background +1]
    Robert-Houdin Houdini, gnome wizard (LowKey) [background +1]
    "William" Cable, warmech artificer (Harlander) [background +1]
    "Egg," kobold rogue (Egg)
    Last edited by X_kot; 24-03-2013 at 05:25 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    Character sheet added, will be writing the character description shortly, I took Decadent Imperial which gave me lots of money which means I purchased a Dog (Riding).

Network Hub
    Awesome! I've always found that gnomes get a lot of special stuff that players never notice. Screwie mentioned the cultural bonus in a PM, and I clarified that because the text states that it is equal to a basic ability, you would need to replace a racial trait with the cultural trait. It's both a mechanical balance and a thematic note that your character is more heavily influenced by the milieu rather than personal heritage.

Posted current iteration of the character sheet and description. I'm trying to figure out some way of flanging things so I can get a musket while still keeping the stuff I want, concept-wise

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Yeah... however given what I would have to give up for the benefit (especially since I already sacrificed one racial ability for my noble title), my character will remain a decadent imperial in spirit but not function.

EDIT: Updated my character description and sheet. Now I just got to stop fidgeting with it.

EDIT: We get 1 Faith Point, right?
    Last edited by Screwie; 06-03-2013 at 02:52 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    We get 1 faith point because we're level 1.

I reckon what I've done, which only occurred to me now, is to roll a really, really tall Troll Slayer.

I'm only checking in so I remember to read the eventual AARs.

We have a distinct lack of healers. Whats the worst that can happen? :)

Not my job to go healer, I went the healer in Shadowrun.

Network Hub
    Healing usually isn't hard to come by for most classes - everyone has access to vitality-restoring abilities as you level up, and healing draughts from apothecaries aren't too difficult to come by.

There's also delicious calfrass, which puts you into a very restful sleep after chewing.

Nemo carries a little on him (mostly) for coping with long, uncomfortable journeys. :)
    Last edited by Screwie; 06-03-2013 at 01:39 AM.

Healing?

Don't worry, I can take care of my own repairs.

(Out of avaricious curiosity, are firearms considered rare, uncommon or common in this setting?)
    Last edited by Harlander; 06-03-2013 at 08:34 AM.

If you use a firearm remember to take firearms proficiency (although it will be amusing if you don't).

Artificers get firearm proficiency - what they don't get is crossbow proficiency, though I'd have thought the skillsets would be comparable (gotta love that point and click interface)

Under Barbarian, where it says the following:

Weapons: All axes, bows, chains, close quar-ters weapons, hammers, hand-to-hand weapons,
    heavy blades, light blades, pole arms, small projec-tiles, subdual weapons, and spears.

that means I'm proficient with all of those, right?

Yeah that's right (according to page 40).

Network Hub
    Yep, PW, barbarians don't know much, but they know how to wield a variety of weapons effectively.

Firearms are uncommon right now: most of them are still in the hands of governmental armies, but some industrialists have secured the right to produce guns for the public market. They are limited to a set quota each year, although there is a black market for electrotech and gunpowder weapons that can get around such things.

Are they percussion cap level guns or flintlock types?

In which case I can afford my revolver back as well as upgrading both it and my hunting rifle to masterwork quality, got to love my free 800gps to spend on boomsticks :)

What languages would be classed as technical languages or would be particularly common? I am allowed 4 bonus languages but as its not my focus, I currently haven't taken any.

Is Sunday our first game?

Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    Are they percussion cap level guns or flintlock types?

Both are in the game. The musket and pistol are flintlock/firelock guns while the revolver and hunting rifle use single piece ammunition. The various electrotech guns run on batteries.
    Last edited by palindrome; 06-03-2013 at 04:16 PM.

Network Hub
    Yep, I will be available to play this Sunday at 1:00 (8:00 pm UK), thank you Daylight Savings Time. We congregate on the community Mumble server, and we use roll20 (http://roll20.net/) to handle the maps and dice. I'll send out the campaign link via chat.

Re: firearms, both are available, although flintlocks are easier to find.

Re: technical languages, you'd be interested in Dwarven, Gnomish, Slith, and Mechan, as they're the ones most used in scientific tracts (conveniently, three of them use the Dwarvish alphabet). Speaking of which, Harlander, for some reason the warmech page says that Cable can only speak Common even though the Language section in Ch. 12 specifically states that Mechan is commonly spoken by warmechs. This seems backward to me, so please give yourself the language gratis, if you haven't done so already.