Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Good luck to you and yours, x_kot.

While we're announcing absences in advance, I don't know when exactly I'll be getting back home on the 17th as I've got to drive back from Sheffield. On the other hand I've got the Monday off so.. *tails off mumbling*
    Last edited by Harlander; 08-03-2013 at 09:04 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    Aye no worries buddy hope everything goes well, ill write up something for that organisation once iv had a think, to advance your advancing advancing absence i will not be here for the 31st unfortunatly

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Not a problem X_kot, real life always comes first. Best wishes for your family.

As for absences, I won't be around for the 31st either, as I'll be visiting the parents for Easter weekend.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    So is Sunday a skip day?
    (Also, best wishes to your father in law)

Perhaps in the downtime we could consider back up games for when one of us is absent al a Shadow Run? I can GM/have materials for any of the 40k ones (Dark Heresy, Rogue Trader, Only War) and maybe Call of Cthulhu (although I am not really very well versed in it), or of course if someone else would like to GM something else.

I wouldn't mind giving the 40k ones a go.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Aye that would be fun. I'll throw my hat in the ring for GMing alternative games such as DnD 4e, 13th Age or Wild Talents - but that will have to be later rather than sooner as I've not got the time to prepare anything at the moment.

Well we've got 24 hours to roll up some characters. What's the space tradery one? Do you want to try a quick and dirty session of that?

Rogue Trader, trading and piracy in the high space, classes are -

• Arch-Militant - A combat expert.
    • Astropath Transcendent - Like the Psyker, someone with psychic powers, using them to communicate over interstellar distances.
    • Explorator - A Tech-Priest tasked by the Adeptus Mechanicus to rediscover lost science and technology.
    • Missionary - A cleric of the God-Emperor, spreading the word of his religion into the dark corners of the Galaxy.
    • Navigator - Another psychic, but one whose skills lie in directing the ship itself on interstellar voyages, relying on the psionic beacon at the heart of the Imperium.
    • Seneschal - The Rogue Trader's right-hand man, running his trading enterprise.
    • Void-master - Expert in running a space ship.
    • The Rogue Trader him/herself

Also the additional source book has xenos classes, Kroot Mercenary and Orc Freebooter but they would be difficult to integrate. Someone will need to gen a ship and profit margin as well. Talk to me if you need further info/help.

Can I roll a terrifyingly inept navigator?

You can role anything you like! Someone should probably be a Rogue Trader but it is not entirely necessary. Source books etc are being uploaded to the Radiance folder.

How are we doing characteristics?

I just did the 25 base +100 method in the end.

Master at Arms Serge Vandire at your command SIR (salutes).

My laryngitis isn't any better so its probably for the best that I play a stoic character :)
    Last edited by palindrome; 09-03-2013 at 11:04 PM.

I rolled a navigator and screwie did another shootyman. I can always roll a trader for when Egg inevitably shows up sans character.

Will ship combat be likely? If so I will re-roll as a void master. I may re-roll as an Explorator anyway as Screwie has stolen my class, damn dirty ninja.

Be good to have a balanced party, as long as you don't mind rerolling.

I mean there is no real issue with having two arch militants, just means you will probably take the more direct and dirty approach to most issues :), ship combat is not hugely common, obviously depending on your actions, but there will be a bit of it.

I made us a ship, the Spirit of Gorm. I chose the 'Tenebro Maze' component because I am pretty sure Gorm has an incomprehensible layout too.

- the Spirit of Gorm -

The Spirit of Gorm is a mysterious and probably ancient vessel. Nobody knows where or when the hull was laid down, although it is clearly a frigate of human manufacture. It shows signs of ancient technology, being ever so slightly tougher, more manoeuvrable, and faster than more recently built frigates, however it has been in service so long and gone through so many redesigns and refits that there is no clue to its original shipyard and the interior of the vessel is a bewildering maze, laid out with no apparent plan or purpose; even long serving crewmembers occasionally get lost. The air system is at least a millennium old; it makes strange humming and rattling noises at odd intervals and doesn't do much to cleanse the odours of machine oil and ozone - although it does do an excellent job of keeping the crew supplied with oxygen.
    The ship was reclaimed from a space hulk two centuries ago after countless years floating through the void haunted by xenos or worse. Despite a thorough cleansing by the priests of the Imperium, experienced spacers whisper that it's an ill-omened vessel; certainly voyages aboard the Spirit of Gorm tend to be "interesting". After uncounted years floating lifeless as a wreck the vessel itself seems eager to keep moving and to explore as much of the universe as possible.

Adventurous (+10 Detection when participating in an Endeavour, -10 when not)
    Wrested from a Space Hulk (+1 armour, +1 speed, +3 manoeuvrability, cursed)

Sword Class Frigate 40SPP Space 40 (1 space remaining)

Speed 9
    Detection +20 (+/- 10 for Adventurous)
    Armour 19
    Space 40 (remaining space 0)
    Manouevrability +23
    Hull Integrity 35
    Turret rating 2
    SP 40 (0 remaining)

Parts
    Plasma drive - Jovian class 2
    Strelov 1 warp engines
    Geller Field
    Warpsbane Hull (+10 to warp navigation checks, roll twice on warp encounter table, navigator chooses)
    Single Void Shield Array
    Combat Bridge Bridge (+10 to repair tests)
    m1r life sustainer (increase all morale loss by 1 due to stale air)
    Voidsmans Quarters
    M201 Auger Array (+5 to Detection)

Sunsear Laser Battery (Dorsal) Damage 1d10+2, crit rating 4, range 9
    Sunsear Laser Battery (Dorsal) Damage 1d10+2, crit rating 4, range 9

Tenebro Maze (incomprehsible layout (critical hit locations chosen by defender, not attacker), hidden sally ports (+10 vs boarding and hit and run))

Observation Dome (+1 permanent morale increase, +50 to explore objectives)
    Last edited by President Weasel; 10-03-2013 at 02:23 PM.

A good ship! Manoeuvrable but packing a bit of punch and room for cargo, on that point it would help me greatly if you all took a look at ship combat, particularly orders you can do as I will likely forget

Palindrome, I plan to roll an Explorator for Egg. Hope that hasn't ninja'd your class again.
    Nobody's gone the actual Rogue Trader yet, you know...

Oops. Too late!
    I did Egg a Death World criminal turned press-ganged marine turned master gunner voidsman.
    Last edited by President Weasel; 10-03-2013 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LowKey View Post
    A good ship! Manoeuvrable but packing a bit of punch and room for cargo, on that point it would help me greatly if you all took a look at ship combat, particularly orders you can do as I will likely forget
    I realised if I got rid of the cargo bay and we didn't mind breathing stinky air I could squeeze another laser on there. There's not much point having one weapon with a longer range, since you need one shot to down a void shield and another to do actual damage. Now we have two weapons with decent punch and the longest range in the game, hopefully we can use speed and manoeuvrability to shoot people from outside their weapons range.

(also a ship that was a bewildering maze that made odd humming noises at random and smelled a little odd seemed fitting, somehow)
    Last edited by President Weasel; 10-03-2013 at 02:25 PM.