Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Sadly not, I am occupied all day with boring real life work things.

Sometime (after today) I'll plot out a mini-adventure in advance for the next time we need filler.

Well, I'm away from all reference material today...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    No game then I suppose?

I suppose not

On the upside, the lack of a game today has given me valuable time to do coursework.

On the downside, the lack of a game today has given me valuable time to do coursework.
    Unacosamedarisa: Egg, kiss me, you're beautiful.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    We playing this Sunday?

I am vaguely interested in GMing something sometime, if you guys are up for it. I'm intrigued by the Deadlands setting for Savage Worlds; it's a Wierd West setting that might be quite fun to play. I've never GMed it; I've only ever GMed a couple of games of Toon and a couple of sessions of Champions, if I remember right. I'm willing to spring for the pdfs if you express an interest though.

I've played some Savage Worlds before, it's a nice system. I've also read the Deadlands rulebook way back, but it was 1st edition. I've never played the intersection between the two, but I hope it still includes the idea of using playing cards for initiative, and the Huckster class who creates spells from poker hands. Totally going to bagsie the Huckster class, if this is the case.

I am away this weekend but returning home on Sunday afternoon, so I should be available.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    I am here and also would be happy to give that a go mr pw

Network Hub
    What LowKey said :D

I will be around as well.

Interesting; I was more imagining it as something for future skip weeks, but if you guys fancy a shot of it at the weekend I'll get some materials together for it.

If you haven't received a dropbox invite, pm me your email address please thx

Well, that escelated quickly.

I've played the Deadlands which does initiative with cards. Fun stuff

You might end up helping me with the rules as I try to GM it then.
    Also not sure if we're ever going to need the duelling rules, but does Roll20 let you deal face down cards?

You can put cards on the tabletop face down by this procedure:
    Holding the Shift key while you drag the card onto the tabletop will play it to the tabletop face down instead of face up (which is the default). You can also right-click on an already-played card to flip it over and switch between face up or face down.
    but it doesn't mention similar methods in re: dealing. Perchance the same method will work, or possibly just mark some areas on the vt to put each player's cards before they 'pick them up' into their hand (which would, concievably, reveal them). Experimentation is indicated.

Also, HOLY CRAP DYNAMIC LIGHTING WITH LOS IN ROLL20 *cough*
    Last edited by Harlander; 26-04-2013 at 11:48 AM.

I have mastered adding music and a map to the Roll20. Anything else (miniatures for the characters, switching between the first screen and a different screen) is super hyper advanced stuff for me. Dynamic lighting and LOS will have to wait :)

Confirmed: Harlander's shift to place the card face down thing (which wasn't in their 'cards' video or in any of the help text I can see) works - thanks Harlander. That'll make the duels work much better, if I understand the rules - not that there necessarily will be any duels.

I've got an adventure lined up, although I need to make some backgrounds and stuff- you can make any standard starting character for it, whatever type you feel like playing. There are archetype characters (pretty sure I put them in the dropbox) which you can use, or adapt, or you can roll one of your very own. You should probably try for something of a balanced party (rather than 5 hexers, or whatever) so post here once you've read the character creation stuff and decided what sort of character you're aiming for.
    Last edited by President Weasel; 26-04-2013 at 03:23 PM.

Oh, duels are just Texas Hold'em! That makes things so much simpler, it's just two hands each that the player gets to see but his opponent doesn't, and then three face up cards, 1 more, and 1 final one. Texas Hold'em but with bullets.
    I can totally run that using the cards mechanic. Awesome.

Also awesome - there's a Steve Earle reference when the rules are talking about cap and ball revolvers. "They load a mite slow", so "the players might find it can get them into trouble but not get them out"
    Last edited by President Weasel; 26-04-2013 at 05:53 PM.

Check p62 of the Savage Worlds book to see how the dice rolling and skill checks and stuff work.

Totally a huckster. Although the Arcane Background (Magic) references a Spellcrafting skill but I can't find which ability score it's linked to - if any? How many skill points do I spend to improve the skill?