Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Only just now read through PW's lovely summary. Sounds like a thrilling climax to the adventure and I am sore I missed out on it. I would be happy to return to Deadlands again at some point in the future, even with these same, injury-prone characters!

Well done on managing a great campaign, PW.

Best of luck to X-kot! Hope you make it back soon.

As for other campaigns... I am a bit swamped with other things right now, but in the future I would be happy to organise a proper DnD 4e campaign (with maybe some 13th Age mixed in).

There is also Dungeon World, a fantastic-looking narrative-focussed RPG that I would really love to try a few games of sometime. The DW rules can be read for free here.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Well, we've got a week to make a decision. Was 4e the one where everyone had a cool move and a bunch of cards and stuff?

Yes, that was the one. However I won't be able to prep anything for next weekend, this is a busy month for me.

I've played Apocalypse World, the post-apocalypse version of DW. It was pretty fun (even though I got the feeling we weren't really doing it right(tm))

So I'm off to Uni at the beginning of September and the plan was for that to be the end of my time RPing with you guys, at least for a while. Since we're starting a new campaign however, I kinda feel like this is a better time to take my leave. It's been fun - and hopefully once I've got my shit together I'll be able to come back - but for now, er, see ya.
    Unacosamedarisa: Egg, kiss me, you're beautiful.

Oh shoot, bye Egg :(

I might be able to get my stuff together for a one-off adventure (Dungeon World maybe, I want to try it) for either next weekend or the weekend after, would you be able to make it?

Question directed at Egg, but also everyone else!

Yeah sure, I can do one offs or other short running stuff, I just can't commit to a multi-month campaign.
    Unacosamedarisa: Egg, kiss me, you're beautiful.

It may be worthwhile running a short recruitment drive as the group is now 3 players down. I'm sure that it will be easy finding some new people to pretend that they are elves.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    I felt that 6 was slightly too many, there was too much time between people getting a go. 4's a better number, 5 at a push.
    It also becomes exponentially more difficult and annoying to get everyone round the (virtual) table at the same time the more people you get. Your results may vary.

I'm busy this Sunday anyway, to be honest it's been nice to have a couple of weekends to myself after running that campaign for you guys.

I am inclined to agree with PW, a smaller group is more manageable and gives every player more of a chance to shine.

I am busy this Sunday too, after all. The following weekend might fare better.

Well I am heading off very (very) early on Tuesday morning so that will be me until November.

For the Only War campaign I will just use the Hunter Killer template as its easier to create combats for (lots of shotguns etc) and I am aiming to do an introductory session, a short series of one off sessions centered around a central location and a mini campaign but it all depends on how busy I am.

Personally I prefer a slightly larger group as it means that we consistantly have 4-5 players each week. A smaller player base would be hit quite hard if people are busy.