Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    I am such a shill :D

But the latest roll20 update has made me finally subscribe to the service, because they keep coming up with brilliant ideas. I'm no longer a sponge!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    In the absence of Harlander I would rather play Rogue Trader (which Harlander isn't particularly fond of) than play Radiance, which is a brand new adventure and setting with a bunch of new characters, and which I'd hope we could all start together.

Ideally I'd like to play Radiance with the whole gang, but since that isn't an option is everyone cool with continuing the Rogue Trader story from last week?
    (Quick story update in case you need to catch up - our Rogue Trader is halfway senile and we are pretty much running the ship; we found a map and followed it to a system, we found an ancient-technology-thingy and used it to probably find the location of the Ghost Ship Full of Treasure which we are seeking; we are pretty sure the baddie (Baron Hans von Deeply-Sinister) is out there too, hiding, with a slightly better ship than we've got.

I would welcome the opportunity to continue replacing my inferior flesh with holy machine. I would also quite like to complete, or at least advance, the endeavor rather than leave it hanging.

Is everyone around next week? I will be, I think the first 2 Sundays in April and 1 or 2 towards the end of May are the only ones that I am away.

Network Hub
    Works for me!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    Could of continued with WFRP at this rate! Happy to do the session but also keen to start radience soon!

No Gorm, no Wufferrp.
    Wufferrp IN SPAAAACE though, that's different.

When I created my character I took the Bale eye bionic as one of my starting ones, I didn't notice its rarity, and as Egg(?) wasn't allowed one for this very reason I am happy to swap it for an MIU weapon interface if your OK with that Lowkey. Obviously slightly bad form with an established character but as I haven't used it yet it shouldn't be an issue.

At some unknowable point in the future I would be happy to run you all through a 4th edition DnD mini-adventure with some pre-gen characters. The plan would be to get to know the system as a prelude to setting up a proper campaign with proper characters at an ever more unknowable later date.

I prefer to use some player input in world-building and campaign style, but I wouldn't want you to make characters choices (and therefore world choices) without playing a little of the game first. (Annoyingly there isn't one good complete source for 4e players, unlike the Radiance playbook. Certainly nothing that can substitute a guided tour.)

Looking forward to shooting more baddies this weekend, anyway! :)

Palindrome, it was Egg's character although I was rolling it. Lowkey wouldn't let me have one because they're super rare (not even for an increased XP spend), so since there weren't any one-off implants that increase ballistic skill* I went with implanted armour instead.
    *at least, not without other tech interfaces and things, which I didn't have access to but you might.

If you're happy to change it it would probably be best to - but we could always quest to find and install a super-rare one for you :)

Network Hub
    Hmm...I just realized that if I'm to play on Sunday, I should make a character. Any guidance/restrictions I should follow?

I intend to make myself fully mechanical eventually, I also want to make a trip to a Forgeworld on Sunday so that I can make a proper start.

I will go with what ever Lowkey thinks best, but to be honest I would prefer the MIU weapon interface so that I can start using heavy weapons as a free action :)

Currently we have an Arch militant (shoots things), a Navigator (navigates!), an Explorator (fixes things, including people eventually) and a Void master (pilots the ship). We also have a Rogue Trader but he is more of an NPC.

That leaves a missionary (fanatics with a hint of healing/diplomacy), Astropath (psychic powers) or a seneschal (trade, investigation etc) or we could double up, whatever you want really. There is actually a premade Arch Militant that I was originally going to use (Serge Vandire) he still needs his 500xp of starting skills and his free talented skill but aside from that he is good to go.
    Last edited by palindrome; 15-03-2013 at 05:09 PM.

Palindrome, defiantly swap in the MIU, bale eye is something you would really need to quest for rather than just gen. X_Kot anyone you like, Palindrome has set out the missing classes but if you would like to play the Rogue Trader I have some ideas on how that could work so go ahead.

We could find a one-shot "makes you less senile but makes you sound like you're from Washington State" alien archeotech device that burns out after it's used, and zap the Trader with it.

I'll swap out the Bale eye then, do you mind if I fit a lasgun to the interface until I get something better? The description of the MIU weapon interface is a little vague, it just says any ranged weapon can be fired as an additional ranged weapon using a free action. How would this work for things that have sustained fire?

I plan on working up to fitting a heavy weapon (a plasma cannon or lascannon) but I will wait until rank 5 (if we get that far) so that I can get the required skills and upgrade my body to accommodate the weight (the Machinator array talent).

I never realised that there were so many expansions....there is even one for founding your own colonies.

I have put the naval combat supplement (which also has rules for full scale ground wars) on dropbox as well as a couple of background bits and pieces. Lots of new ship components as well as rules for attack craft, torpedos and Nova cannon. Best of all it has lots of new ship types, I really want a Mars Battlecruiser, its my favourite Imperial Navy ship and the flagship of my Battlefleet Gothic fleet.
    Last edited by palindrome; 16-03-2013 at 12:43 AM.

Network Hub
    Seneschel Varrius "the Spider" Mendelson has been popped into the Dropbrox. I ran into the same issue Harlander had, so I printed the document to PDF to rescue the time I put in.

Clear your inbox Lowkey you bad person you.

I am just so populaaaaar, done

I quite like that we are tooling around in a quirky, relatively low-powered frigate with a trader who's seen better days. I think if we had a terrifying I-win-button of a battlecruiser the game would be less fun and also there'd be nothing to aspire to.
    I'm also looking forwards to finally getting Radiance started next Sunday - that's on, right?

I'll be around next Sunday. Looking forward to freezing/burning/zapping things with a point of my elementalist's little finger.

Also it's been a while, so I should probably re-read my character bio before next weekend...

Quote Originally Posted by LowKey View Post
    I am just so populaaaaar, done
    We both know its hatemail.

Ship size scale, a battlecruiser is no more of an I win button against a battleship than a frigate is against a cruiser. A Mars would also be more interesting mechanics wise as it has the usual macrocannon/lances as well as strike craft and a Nova cannon.

The Gorm has been amazingly lucky so far, if it wasn't for a near miraculous shot we should have lost that encounter yesterday (all things being equal). The Gorm will do us for the moment though, we are afterall only rank 1.

I would certainly like to upgrade the flagship as we progress, there is no reason why we can't also form a small fleet. In fact a small transport fleet would actually be very useful if we want to start doing more complex things like founding colonies.
    Last edited by palindrome; 18-03-2013 at 02:00 PM.