Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    That would just be rude.

Lesser Hivemind Node TillEulenspiegel's Avatar
    Jack Wilshere ruled out for another two months

I give up. I should probably just convert mine to a joke/theme team as well. It might just do better than my current strategy.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Going to be a nightmare judging when (or indeed if) to get off Dzeko this season. Tevez is such a dedicated player I'm sure he'll be back leading the attack before long... I expect he'll be partnering Dzeko this weekend after Ageuro's travels but going foward he'll take a lot of starts from Dzeko if he is in any sort of form.

Personally I'm holding a watching brief to see who looks the best bet out of Ruiz, Adebayor or Bendtner for my last attacking spot. Gutted Ruiz wasn't classified as a midfielder as he'd have been straight in... I fear Jol will be tempted to use him on the wing with Dempsey up top.

I was sorely tempted to take a punt on Simon Vukcevic with Pedersen injured, but bit too much of a long shot with Blackburn's attack. He has potential to be a decent scorer at that price if he settles, so worth keeping an eye on but more likely as a late season differential if you are playing catch up.

I love you Sergio Aguero. Hat trick x captain = lots of points.

And Hertha won at Dortmund, which is rather a huge shock. The champions of the 2. Bundesliga (ie, a promoted team) vs. the champions of the real Bundesliga. Good weekend for me so far.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lambchops's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TillEulenspiegel View Post
    I love you Sergio Aguero. Hat trick x captain = lots of points.
    Concurred! It was a rare moment of glory for me in remembering to switch captains, i previously had Suarez as cap but when I saw Liverpool were playing Stoke and Man City Wigan I made the switch. Usually I'm too lazy to bother with stuff like that.

Another Rooney hat-trick, and this time he's my captain. *drool*
    A brave heart and a courteous tongue. They shall carry thee far through the jungle, manling.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Well I took the superstitious fan approach to Rooney and left him my VC... think he is destined to remain there now for the foreseeable future. The question is can I bring in a player I know won't play (say Ferguson of Newcastle) and captain him so I still get Rooney's double points or will that earn an even bigger jinx for trying to cheat the superstition?

The last 5 minutes killed my week. Had 3 yellow cards, lost a clean sheet and had a missed sitter. Rooney's performance should be enough to put me back in average territory but barring a lot of bonus and decent points from Brunt and/or De Laet I'm not going to break the 60 point barrier yet again. Oh for those 11 points :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    I did just that, had Rooney as my vc and Dzeko as my captain, and when Dzeko didn't play this week Rooney got the double points.

Another average week, but I breached the top ten in rps-league so I'm happy about that. Wonder what I'll do with my midfield now, both van der vaart and gamst pedersen are uncertain to play next round, but I really want another forward who scores a lot, a bit uncertain what I should use the free transfer on.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Latest on VDV is he'll probably be fit for Liverpool on Sunday. By the sounds of it he is fit enough to play in the UEFA Cup this week had he been included on the squad list. Of course Redknapp might be waking up to the fact the team balance is better without him so they may well stick to the 442 with Defoe rather than the Dutchman.

Going to be touch and go if Dzeko can get to the next gameweek without dropping. I really want to keep him for a couple more weeks, but I'll take the 0.2 profit and grab Adebayor early if I must. Adebayor looked in good nick last week but Liverpool, Stoke and Arsenal isn't the most enticing run of fixtures, and you just know he is going to do something stupid in the derby... maybe I'll go elsewhere for a couple of weeks.

Spurs looking like strong contenders for fourth with Arsenal imploding and Liverpool disappointing. Even when it was 11v11, their performance was superb.

Suarez hasn't given me much for the past few matches. They've got a few relatively easy games coming up (Wolves, Norwich, West Brom, Swansea), so I guess I'll hang onto him for now.

Adebayor is tempting, though.
    Last edited by TillEulenspiegel; 18-09-2011 at 08:10 PM.

Sigh. I temporarily switched Zamora for Fletcher when he was injured and forgot to put him back. Which makes me look like a bit of a silly sausage.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Suarez gets one more game, the Wolves one, to stop getting less than 2 points a match. If he doesn't get a goal and an assist I am planning to swap him for the much cheaper Leon Best, currently on more points and pretty much guaranteed to get games due to being Newcastle's only striker. With the money saved I can swap one of my generic midfielders for Young or Nani.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Suarez has been in pretty good nick despite his paltry returns. In past seasons he'd have bagged a number of bonus points, and he did take his 'goal' well today even if it did get chalked off. I'm sticking with him, especially when Gerrard returns and Adam gets consigned to the bench. Adam is sooo slooow it really hurts the fast incisive game Suarez likes to play.

Kicking myself for talking myself out of picking up Adebayor last week, although the logic was sound and he was a bit lucky today. Dzeko's price seems to have peaked and Adebayor is going up tonight or tomorrow judging by the speed he is picking up NTIs so I've pulled the trigger on that deal. Agbonlahor was also tempting; looks almost back to the dominant force he was a few seasons ago, but I've been burnt by him looking back to his best for brief spells before :) He is waiting in the wings as plan B when Adebayor does a Cantona when they play Arsenal in a couple of weeks :D

Shouldn't have moaned too much aboutt the lack of Zamora. Actually had a very good week this week. Aguero as captain again, good performaces from Nani and Larsson plus the added bonus of Jagielka getting a goal has boosted me to a solid 63 points so far with bonus points still to come.

I want points for getting your opposing fullback sent off. Bale would be racking them up.

Quote Originally Posted by Lambchops View Post
    Sigh. I temporarily switched Zamora for Fletcher when he was injured and forgot to put him back. Which makes me look like a bit of a silly sausage.
    Sigh. I remembered to switch Fletcher for Zamora only for Zamora to fall ill and Fletcher to score. I still remain a mentally deficient meat based product.

Rooney going down injured has somewhat made me question my selection of subs. All of them got 0. :(
    A brave heart and a courteous tongue. They shall carry thee far through the jungle, manling.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    You sure about that Ian? It shows zero on your team page this season even if they scored points. Another 'helpful' change with the new site.

Hover over their score and it will show you haw many they will get if subbed on. So, 0 for all mine!

Bad week for me. Less then average points for the week, with only Elmo still to play. Might just cling to 2nd place.

Ohhhh, I didn't know that. Either way, I don't think many of them did very well. :(

Aside from Vorm, perhaps. Vorm's awesome.