Network Hub

Anyone heard of a game called Scraps.

Saw this video while checking up on Kingdoms Rise progress.

Apparently it's from a game called SCRAPS

It's a video of a car, fitted with a few dozen machine guns in a ball shape. It's pretty weird, but looks like fun.

And I simply cannot find that game on the internetz, maybe I'm not looking hard enough, never name a game after something so common...

Anyways if anyone find it, or have played it let me know.

edit: Found it, adding game after scraps did wonders.

Lesser Hivemind Node NecroKnight's Avatar
    This game seems familiar. Actually, RPS had a article about it several months ago.
    http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013...k-rock-scraps/
    But where did he come from, this fleck of spite in an abandoned paradise?

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by NecroKnight View Post
    This game seems familiar. Actually, RPS had a article about it several months ago.
    http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013...k-rock-scraps/
    Now that I hear that music, it does ring a bell. Did not pay attention to the fact that you can turn your car into a bloody skyscraper or sphere on wheels though.

Btw there's a downloadable demo in which you can actually build and test drive your cars.

Nope.. I haven't heard of it. But it does looks interesting from the video you have posted. :)

As a connoisseur of customisable physics-driven games, I am keeping my eye on Scraps quite closely.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by hideinlight View Post
    Now that I hear that music, it does ring a bell. Did not pay attention to the fact that you can turn your car into a bloody skyscraper or sphere on wheels though.

Btw there's a downloadable demo in which you can actually build and test drive your cars.
    Scraps is physics-based - every part adds weight and affects your centre of mass - and there's a sandbox mode with unlimited funds (the only mode at this stage of development), so some interesting stuff has been appearing from players. Stuff which wasn't really anticipated when that original RPS article came out.

The site is scrapsgame.com if you want to try the builder demo, but be aware that a lot more is coming - it's still an early pre-alpha version of the game.

Full disclosure: I'm the creator of Scraps. Hi.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FyanAmanda View Post
    The most attractive United Kingdom erotic lingerie is its soft and delicate embroidery designs.
    You better scrap that.
    Steam
    Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

Obscure Node
    The whole post is spam, it makes no sense. Plus check out post #7 in this thread: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/foru...3-improvements

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Nition View Post
    Scraps is physics-based - every part adds weight and affects your centre of mass - and there's a sandbox mode with unlimited funds (the only mode at this stage of development), so some interesting stuff has been appearing from players. Stuff which wasn't really anticipated when that original RPS article came out.

The site is scrapsgame.com if you want to try the builder demo, but be aware that a lot more is coming - it's still an early pre-alpha version of the game.

Full disclosure: I'm the creator of Scraps. Hi.
    Still a catchy song.
    Oh and rockets, thrusters would be cool. Although I don't know how many people would actually stick to the ground then.

Obscure Node
    I've just started running a Kickstarter for Scraps to help get some funding. You can secure a copy of the game through it if you like as well. Any support is obviously very much appreciated.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...or-windows-mac

SOLD!
    Steam
    Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

Obscure Node
    Made this for the animated GIF demographic:

Credit where credit is due.

Quote Originally Posted by Nition View Post
    Made this for the animated GIF demographic:

Credit where credit is due.