Heading into the Mists - WvW Sunday10th at 8pm GMT

It's time for RPS to chase some mobile-lootbags, for the glory of the endless one!

What:
    We will group up with Gwynn Blaid (of the guild CORE) and their WvW event and go have some fun at the expense of FSP and Fort Ranik invaders/defenders.

Where:
    Hoelbrak - Might and Main Waypoint - 19:50 GMT

Who:
    Bring the bloodthirsty toon of your choice, preferably a level 80 for maximum killing-and-looting efficiency. No worries if you don't have such a thing, everyone is welcome, the only thing you need is the will to fight!

Comms:
    Given that this is going to be a cross-guild event, we'll be coordinating via the Gunnar's Hold community Mumble instead of the usual RPS one. This mumble requires that you are registered on the GH Community website as a member of the RPS guild.

No worries if you cannot get that set-up by Sunday evening, we'll make sure everything is communicated in party/squad/say chats throughout the evening.

That being said, I'll see you tomorrow evening in Hoelbrak!
    [GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    I should be along for this!
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Now this sounds fun, I'm new to the guild but I'll try and get registered before tonight on GH mumble and come along for fun and games!

Edit- Think I've set things up, applied for the RPS group on the Gunnars Hold forums too.
    Last edited by mrchinchin25; 10-03-2013 at 10:52 AM.
    Planetside2 / Firefall: Crustycuffs
    Mechwarrior Online / Blood Bowl: Mrchinchin25
    GuildWars2: Shiifty (Mesmer) Frank Tankborn (Warrior)
    Raptr: mrchinchin25 Steam: mrchinchin25 Origin: ​Crustycuffs

Network Hub
    I can make this- it would be good to see more WVW action going on.

Network Hub
    GH forum and mumble account created, just waiting for group membership approval.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tweetiti's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yargh View Post
    GH forum and mumble account created, just waiting for group membership approval.
    It's been ages I've played WvW so we'll give it a go too

Approved.

10 char

I'll be a little late to this, it seems. Will catch up to you!

I'm in.

10char
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

My GW2 blog that you can follow on Twitter.

Thanks everyone for coming and making this evening in WvW so great!

PS We had 4 groups going. 4!
    PPS Oh and the endless stream of lootbags, credit going to Gwyn for great leadership and tactics.
    [GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.

Really great and organised night Aliss!
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

My GW2 blog that you can follow on Twitter.

Confirming it was a great night. Loot for the loot god was granted often.
    Planetside2 / Firefall: Crustycuffs
    Mechwarrior Online / Blood Bowl: Mrchinchin25
    GuildWars2: Shiifty (Mesmer) Frank Tankborn (Warrior)
    Raptr: mrchinchin25 Steam: mrchinchin25 Origin: ​Crustycuffs

Network Hub
    Well it just wound up after Gwynn leading for over 3 hours and it was all lots of fun. We took on some big old zergs and generally came out on top, and just had a very involved siege of our Bay with waves of enemy trying to take out all our trebs on the back of the cliffs.

The best bits I remember were that awesome portal bomb at Briar and when I was in a treb duel at Bay with one placed to the east on the road south of Arah with eles providing s/w cover and an enemy ballista preparing to fire across the cliffs- we just managed to take out their treb before I saw a horde of angry minotaurs rush their ballista and crew and rip them apart.

In the end we had to give up and call it a night but we certainly didn't embarrass ourselves and it was a close battle. Hope we see more multi-guild action like this in future.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tweetiti's Avatar
    This was a first for me and it goes to show when you are lead properly this can be a real blast. I'll definitely do this again.

Much fun was had. Thanks all!

Good to hear that this semi-RPS-oriented event was both fun and yielded some success. I only briefly visited WvW yesterday and during that time stayed in the GH borderlands, which mostly lacked numbers (we only held 50% of our own Borderlands).

Network Hub
    Heads up there's more of the same going on tonight (Monday)- check the community forums for details. I shall try and tag along if I get back in time.

Many people seem to be taking a break or taking it easy on the WVW at the moment, which is understandable after getting swamped by the same server for weeks on end, but now is a good time for us to try and build up our cross-guild coordination again.