Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Network Hub
    Final Fantasy, Touhou and Guilty Gear are probably the most listened to soundtracks for me.
    Arranges and remixes, as well as the originals.

Activated Node
    Red Dead Redemption's sound track is wonderful.

Hotline Miami
    Metal Gear Solid series
    Red Alert
    Super Bros Sword & Sworcery
    Binding of Isaac
    Red Dead Redemption

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Homeworld 1 (2 is quite good too) - especially the Turanic Raiders theme.
    Total Annihilation on occasion.
    Mirror's Edge - though more due to the fact I enjoy the artist, Solar Fields, and the stuff he did for the game happens to be on Spotify.
    DX1 (thanks to the guy who linked DX:HR for reminding me, and introducing me to HR's soundtrack!)
    "Swans are so big, they're like the Ostriches of the bird world"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Mm, this thread had me pulling up the Bastion soundtrack again. That final duet has lost none of its power.

Very interesting soundtrack suggestions so far.

I'll add one of my favourite composers, Matt Uelmen. He's behind Diablo and Diablo II's soundtrack and it's fantastic. He's also responsible for the Torchlight series. Torchlight II's soundtrack is available on their website in .mp3 format if anyone's interested. http://www.torchlight2game.com/news/...ii-soundtrack/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    I almost exclusively listen to games soundtracks in fact. Other than Human Revolution, in the same vein I would say most Ubisoft games, mainly because of Jesper Kyd. Sands of Time had a great soundtrack too.
    My favourite has to be Assassin's Creed 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgsF...yer_detailpage

Jet Set Radio is just amazing.
    The World Ends With You is also good, albeit too J-Pop for my tastes. It has its moments, just like the game.
    Steam(shots), Imgur, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

The Bastion sountrack has some brilliant music on it.

non-pc-gaming: Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 both have some good songs. (I'm particularly fond of this cover: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KsePLeLn0U ).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sparkasaurusmex's Avatar
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkd-P2vaIc4
    Propaganda from Beyond Good and Evil

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    So heres what in my walkman:

Unreal Tournament - Mechanism Eight! Some very catchy electronic tracks. Later I discovered that one of the artists( Andrew Sega) has other projects for example Alpha Conspiracy and is also a part of a synthpop band Iris. To my surprise I liked Iris before and to this day. Of course when Iris had a live show in Moscow I had to go.

Airmech - its by FLA! Probably mostly made by Jeremy Inkel( orthodox fans blame him for every modern change in FLA sound ) but who cares - I'm okay with both him and modern FLA. Admittedly the parts with wubwubwub aren't great but those are rare.

Battlefield 3 - the most appropriate music for a modern military FPS( and living in a big city) ever! Main theme isn't anything special, yes, but the rest is wonderful. I usually give it a go when rreturning home late and catching a ride in jihad-taxi. It's exactly as depressive ( in a good way) as it should be.

Unbound Saga - it's by Acumen Nation! Unlike Americans, I like American industrial rock variation( aka coldwave). I like the French darkwave variation ( aka coldwave) too but it's another story. This OST is great and goes well with treadmill runs I admittedly stopped doing but looking forward to continue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    You are an enemy of gaming.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by motherpuncher View Post
    Red Dead Redemption's sound track is wonderful.
    Amen Brother.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory and Chaos Theory 3D - Amon Tobin, the latter being Amon Tobin remixed by Daedelus, Lorn, Kid Koala and so on. So good!

Most Wipeout sountracks - Sort of the formative game of my youth, Wipeout 2097 takes some beating for me. Wip3out is pretty damn good, the most recent stuff is a little too dubsteppy/drum and/or bassy for my liking but there's still a good amount of breakbeat and whatever else you'd call it. I even like the Noisia track on Wipeout HD Fury, but that could be because of what it reminds me of more than what it is.

Metal Gear to MGS4 (MGS3 and 4 being my favourites) - I doubt I need to explain this.

Hitman: Blood Money - Goosebumps every time.

Deus Ex: Hilarious Repercussions - Obviously.

Osmos - Nice relaxing minimal ambient sound.

Dino Run SE - Because why not.

That's it, I thought there were more but I can't see them. I know I have a lot of soundtracks on Steam, Indie Royale and Humble Bundle that I should get 'round to downloading and adding to my library but I haven't yet. Really want Hotline Miami on my phone.

Morrowind - Somehow makes me a bit sad / sort of homesick for Morrowind (it's pathetic really, I know).
    Oblivion - Great music.
    Neverwinter Nights - Wouldn't want to replay the game anytime soon, but the music is great.
    STALKER: Call of Pripyat - The game has a quite creepy ambient soundtrack in places, especially in the city of Pripyat by night. It's pretty cool to listen to late at night in an empty house (which is also the ideal place and time to play the game).

Network Hub
    I like the soundtrack of Company of Heroes better than any other game right now.
    I also like listening to Rome Total war music from time to time.

Orgasm to my ears. Solar Fields gave his best for this game and it's still worth more than 10 listens even when i'm not running around as Faith
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    At the moment I'm listening to Lorne Balfes' Assassins Creed Revelations score and also Byan Tylers' Far Cry 3 score

Especially like this track...

Last edited by SephKing; 11-03-2013 at 10:24 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Skalpadda's Avatar
    Machinarium is without contest my favourite game soundtrack.
    I made a mix of all the Azuremyst and Zangarmarsh music from WoW, it's in my ambient rotation I listen to when I'm reading.
    Same with the Skyrim soundtrack, CD 4 is all ambient stuff, I'm thinking I should make a mix of some of the calmer music from Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim some day.
    Sometimes I like listening to ludicrously bombastic music while doing housework, such as this.
    Homeworld 2 has a lovely soundtrack.
    Beyond Good and Evil has some great tunes, you can get the soundtrack for free here.
    I often listen to Vortal Combat off HL2:ep2 while walking to the shops. No idea why.
    The Mirror's Edge soundtrack is good, though I prefer some of the stuff Magnus Birgersson has made as Solar Fields.

There's lots more I listen to now and then, but that'll do.
    Last edited by Skalpadda; 11-03-2013 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by arathain View Post
    Mm, this thread had me pulling up the Bastion soundtrack again. That final duet has lost none of its power.
    Seriously amazing stuff.

Bastion, Hotline Miami, Crysis 1/2 (2 was better I think), Pokemon stuff, Fire Emblem stuff and Age of Empires II/Mythology. I can barely wait till April 9 to see how 'HD' the new release is.

Network Hub
    I usually put game music on if i need background noise and need to zone out at work.
    Frozen Synapse, Sanctum & Mirrors Edge work well.

I also like Super Hexagons and Bastions OST and a few songs from Inon Zur's' Bioware days.

Hmm. Arcanum, No Time to Explain, Bastion, Nitronic Rush, Really Big Sky, Pharaoh.