Results 1 to 2 of 2
01-03-2014, 01:31 AM #1
- Join Date
- Jan 2014
Subterranea - a 3D, Fantasy, Turn-Based RPG
We at Cloud Nine Games been developing a CRPG for a while, based on the Open Game Content from Wizards of the Coast (that means Dungeons and Dragons 3.5 edition). It's a turn-based RPG, with reasonable 3D graphics and a heavy use of physics. The first teaser trailer is here:
I know the tips sticky discourages bullet points, but thought this was still the quickest way to tell you the features!
- Create a party of up-to 6 adventurers.
- Adventure in towns, swamps and abandoned temples.
- Fully 3D environments, characters and items.
- Turn-based, tactical combat, where mastering cover, elevation and spacing is the key to success. Including attacks of opportunities, 5 foot steps, bull rushes and a host of other tactical combat options.
- Physics-based puzzles and traps.
- Uses the Open Game Content, under the Open Game License v1.0a.
- 7 Player Character races – Dwarf, Elf, Gnome, Half-Elf, Halfling, Half-Orc and Human.
- 11 Player Character classes – Barbarian, Bard, Cleric, Druid, Fighter, Monk, Paladin, Ranger, Rogue, Sorcerer and Wizard.
- Available on Windows, Mac and Linux.
We are currently running simultaneous Kickstarter:
and Steam Greenlight campaigns:
Happy to field any questions you may have about the game here...
Cloud Nine Games
05-03-2014, 03:29 PM #2
- Join Date
- Feb 2014
I backed this game day one because (1) it’s a tactical turn-based party cRPG based on a good ruleset, (2) the physics stuff looks really cool, there will be multiple choice branching dialogues with lots of opportunities to use bluff, diplomacy, and intimidate skills (this may not be apparent from the KS, but I’ve asked the developer and he confirmed this is the plan), (4) it’s a create your own party RPG, which is rare these days… Something so fun about being able to create your ultimate adventuring party... I imagine I'll spend a couple hours with the character generator alone :)