Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The Siberia V2 full size or the more expensive Blue frost edition is what you're looking for. I'm posting an unboxing of these two so you can have an idea of what to expect.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sakkura's Avatar
    Steelseries have crappy sound quality. And mediocre quality in general.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I got a v2 Siberia multi platform. The USB portion is garbage, worst than another USB I have had in the past. I even exchanged it once (which took like 3 weeks for them to warranty it) and the Microphone still sucks, although slightly better. 3.5mm connectors work fine, but the cord length is to short. Have to order 2 extensions. Comfort and sound is great. Avoid the USB one.

We got a Logitech G930 wireless headset at the same time. Works great. Good quality. Comfortable. USB connection and works with no problems that I face with the Siberia.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by ru1n3r View Post
    Creative Fatality, however I am not an audiophile, but the bass is good and the mic is detachable. Pretty decent for 20~
    I had one until I broke the 3.5mm connector (sound only for one ear works now). Works great for the price. Should have just gotten a new one for my replacement.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Moraven View Post
    I got a v2 Siberia multi platform. The USB portion is garbage, worst than another USB I have had in the past. I even exchanged it once (which took like 3 weeks for them to warranty it) and the Microphone still sucks, although slightly better. 3.5mm connectors work fine, but the cord length is to short. Have to order 2 extensions. Comfort and sound is great.
    Too short? You get 3 metres. More than enough for a PC gamer.
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

Their early work was a little too new wave for my tastes....

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadayi View Post
    Too short? You get 3 metres. More than enough for a PC gamer.
    You get 1 meter. 3 with the USB/Audiomixer dongle which is where I have all the mic issues with. 1 meter is not enough to go from the front of my case to my head.

headset: my (US) experience is that Sennheiser's quality is good and they back up their warranty. I don't like USB headsets because the necessary software often gets in the way of good & straightforward sound, but any USB set they offer that ticks all your boxes is what I'd suggest.

I have a Corsair headset, and it's nice enough. Decent sound, interchangeable cups, workable mic, reliable. On the negative side it's a bit tight after a while and the in-line vol/mic controller is just at the right position to hang over the edge of a chair and feel "weighty" on the cord.

If you're flush and looking to splurge, I'd get a quality pair of headphones (not a headset) from Sennheiser or AKG and a separate USB dynamic or condenser mic, perhaps on a boom so you can feel all radio-spiffy.

560 ti vs 680: not if you're gaming at more than 1920x or if you are gaming at 1920x but want to run every single new title at max settings and respectable FPS. If neither of those are true, you can keep the 560 ti for another year or two (depending, ofc, on what you play and at what res & settings).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Moraven View Post
    You get 1 meter. 3 with the USB/Audiomixer dongle which is where I have all the mic issues with. 1 meter is not enough to go from the front of my case to my head.
    But that's still 3 meters. The fact that you've eschewed the USB for the 3.5mm connectors is your choice (buy the 3.5mm cable extension).
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

Their early work was a little too new wave for my tastes....

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I've been through a couple of headsets (courtesy of the DSR and eBay) recently - some thoughts

SteelSeries Siberia 'Neckband' - I've wanted these since they came out in 2008 and were 80 - I got a set brand-new for 25 and was chuffed! Good news was the sound quality, the mic quality, the design and construction - all absolutely top notch. Downside was that they were HEADCRUSHING to wear and impossible to wear specs with - and even as they crushed your skull they'd fall-off your ears - returned em.

Tritton AX 180 - for sale SUPER cheap in a local store so I jumped and they were - erm - they were OK for the money (half the cheapest price online) but they weren't super comfy, the mic was boomy/echoey, they lean on my specs and I realised I could sell them on eBay for more than I paid so I did just that (and went back to get another pair but they'd sold out!!) :)

Turtle Beach X12 - quite nice overall, no real complaint except that they were more expensive than...

Plantronics Gamecom 380 - super comfy, you could wear these all day - sound quality is OK if a BIT quiet, mic is good - easily the most comfy of the lot BY A COUNTRY MILE and I got Trackmania Canyon thrown-in for less than 20 so the TB's were returned...

I still use my PortaPros as day-to-day phones tho - the 380s if I'm talking to people or want some peace and quiet... :)

I am using a Creative Draco. It gets a bit uncomfortable after longer play sessions because the earpads are too small for me.
    But I like the removable microphone.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    p.s. I was using the GameComs today and noticed 2 things

1 - they're not the loudest headphones in the world - compared side-by-side with the PortaPros they're positively quiet
    2 - unless you're NOT wearing them, in which case they're loud-as-fuck

Seriously, they're louder outside than they are inside - you'd think the drivers were in backwards - they're NOT for the office, let me tell you :)

Leakage isn't normally something I care about, but with their being quiet I was running the at full whack and her indoors could hear them downstairs!!