Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    For your information, the entire region is now filled, so there are no more free slots. I'll update the original post when I find a moment.

Big thanks to the very kind mayor of Llamatopia, who very kindly gifted me 100k, I will do my best to repay you one day and not fuck over your city with my mismanagement in the meantime.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave L. View Post
    WHAT. THE. FUCK. SPOONER PLAINS?

Where are your police?! Why did you waste money on Maxis Manor?! I'm getting 200 criminals a day from you! It's really screwing with my businesses.

It should be a little bit better now I'm spending 20k an hour on services :)

Quote Originally Posted by Krathor View Post
    Cheers Mbaya - I've posted in that thread and I hope that they make progress with it. It's a terrific little city too. I have selected the 'Rollback' option again from region view today and I said that it should be taking a couple of minutes, so we'll see what happens this evening.

In the meantime, how is my city holding up? Is it still there on region view? I hope it's not spreading crime or anything anywhere.
    Further to this, I just booted the game up and selected to 'Resume Game' but the game now tells me that I am not playing any games at the moment and prompts me to start a new region or join another existing one.

I am at a loss for words.
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

My GW2 blog that you can follow on Twitter.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Krathor View Post
    Further to this, I just booted the game up and selected to 'Resume Game' but the game now tells me that I am not playing any games at the moment and prompts me to start a new region or join another existing one.

I am at a loss for words.
    I can see Harper Plains still in there, and it says that you're it's mayor. This is strange...

Banned
    As for finding your game again you have to click on an origin friend in game to look at their games.

That will take you to the region map, there you will find your city and yourself listed as mayor.

Happens to me nearly every time I roll back.

The processing thing must be fake, or the based around the social aspect of the game. WELL ANNOYING.

But most importantly... HOW IS CRIME?

Hurrah! Yes Patrick it worked! I'm back in and it didn't wipe all of my progress, whoop!
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

Quote Originally Posted by duff View Post
    Big thanks to the very kind mayor of Llamatopia, who very kindly gifted me 100k, I will do my best to repay you one day and not fuck over your city with my mismanagement in the meantime.
    No repayment necessary, I had money coming out of my ears at the time and that gift was just to help you get started quicker.

Obscure Node
    Hey all you northern guys, are we ready to start on our great work? I'm making metal and alloys. Also, is someone researching the fire/police/medical department upgrades?

Network Hub
    Detective department has already been researched in the region. Nobody's done surgical centers yet. I went with a school of business to try and help out my commercial district, and was going to go med school on my next upgrade, but I'm having minor cash flow problems, so my university is currently closed.

As soon as I can I'll try and get a consumer electronics division up so I can start making TVs, and that should deal with my cash issues. According to Notch you can import processors and plastic for TV manufacturing and make 15 million/month in sales.

Obscure Node
    Well my expo centres are currently paying for two police precincts, fire department and hospital with all the upgrades, two municipal bus terminals, a normal one and a ferry. Just about keeping my crime down but should have cash to go round. Wouldn't mind doing the international airport. Heard bad things about the arcology...

Are you getting less criminals from me Dave?

Network Hub
    I don't think I'm getting any criminals from you any more, but there are still a lot of them at large in the region (I turned off my precinct for about five minutes since it costs me 4000/hr to run, and started losing citizens and businesses due to crime almost immediately). That turnaround for Redemption is insane! I visited it yesterday and you had a population of 150,000 and a budget deficit of only around 100 simoleons! I'm bleeding 4,000/hr with a population of only 90,000!

Network Hub
    Man, Notch wasn't kidding. I am making an obscene amount of money on TV and Processor manufacturing. If I wasn't running a 30,000/hr budget deficit it would be even crazier. I shudder to think what'll happen to my economy if and when the bottom falls out of the global TV market.

Since I guess we're going Int'l Airport in our corner, and I've got money to burn, I'll supply the crude oil.

also, _finale_ are you getting rollback issues? Redemption was showing as 'Currently processing, come back and visit later' in the region view.

Banned
    Okay so I can't get into my city.

I've tried abandoning and reclaiming. Switching servers. Nothing is having it since my city tried to roll-back last night.

Anyone have any ideas?

I'd appreciate if someone would try claiming it then abandoning it to see if I can get in.

Thanks.

Obscure Node
    I did have a roll back issue last night. I restarted and I'd lost about five minutes, not too bad.

I'm not making too much money, but at least all my services are covered by my flat 9% tax rate. No economic crash for me. There's just not much that I can do with my reformed Sodom now

By the way, any tricks to getting rid of criminals in houses? I've got four detective vans and no joy.

Phew.

What an intense ride the last few hours have been!

My city got to the stage where I was pretty much doomed to failure because I couldn't expand any more. My traffic was an absolute nightmare - with a constant tail-back that sprawled all across town.

So I took a gamble, shut off all of my services and accumulated funds until pretty much everything was abandoned. This got me about two million dollars! Hurrah!

I also had a lizard destroy parts of my abandoned town. Hurrah! However, once I popped this one disaster, the game seemed to think that it was now OK to start spawning random other disasters in my town. This has meant that my rebuild has been riddled with UFO encounters, earthquakes and another giant lizard attack.

I rebuilt with Cooper's recommended 'one road' strategy - check out the city if you want to see the result of it.

It's working kinda well, but I have one problem...

Pretty much my entire water board is red. I have attempted to rectify this by plopping down filtration stations, but those cost money to upkeep. So then I put down zoning to get taxes and workers. However, most of them got sick due to the shitty water, so that has led to a lot of abandoned buildings in my town.

So then I tried to put down clinics to keep the workers healthy, but that has led to an even greater deficit. Now I'm down to my last one hundred thousand grand and in a worse place than I was before!

On a good note though, my traffic is smooth as silk.
    Last edited by Krathor; 17-03-2013 at 04:32 PM.
    Guild Wars 2:

Obscure Node
    Tell me about it! I used the one road system to convert my crime ridden Sodom into Redemption. I had no facilities at all, no police, water, medical...

I cut taxes to 8%, turned all my services on, three bus depots, everything. Planted a stadium and waited as my -£25,000 deficit reduced to +£10,000 and my population went up to 200,000.

Took a while but it worked. I should be able to fill my tier 2 stadium when they turn traffic on and you guys get me some medium and high wealth types to visit it :)

Does anyone else keep deleting and readding bits of road to manually manage traffic? It's a bugger.

Obscure Node
    @ Northern guys,

Airport great work is fine with me.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by _finale_ View Post
    Tell me about it! I used the one road system to convert my crime ridden Sodom into Redemption. I had no facilities at all, no police, water, medical...

I cut taxes to 8%, turned all my services on, three bus depots, everything. Planted a stadium and waited as my -£25,000 deficit reduced to +£10,000 and my population went up to 200,000.

Took a while but it worked. I should be able to fill my tier 2 stadium when they turn traffic on and you guys get me some medium and high wealth types to visit it :)

Does anyone else keep deleting and readding bits of road to manually manage traffic? It's a bugger.
    Be careful with deleting roads. As the game stands now you can delete school buses and police cars and whatever else into oblivion with no way of getting them back.

Has anyone tried to take over my city? :(

Network Hub
    I had to delete a chunk of road and residential a while back because a whole fleet of moving trucks got stuck driving around in circles without actually going to the available housing.