Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Network Hub
    International Airport is done. Needs workers.

So I've just got this and started playing. I know you've said the current region is full, but if a future slot opens up I'd love to built a city* with you guys. Origin username is Crustycuffs

*really awful looking monstrosity that probably burns down
    Planetside2 / Firefall: Crustycuffs
    Mechwarrior Online / Blood Bowl: Mrchinchin25
    GuildWars2: Shiifty (Mesmer) Frank Tankborn (Warrior)
    Raptr: mrchinchin25 Steam: mrchinchin25 Origin: ​Crustycuffs

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Krathor's Avatar
    Huge thanks to Tideman's Crest - a city that has been providing me with all sorts of services lately.

Today, I demolished pretty much my entire town but kept the road structure in place. I logged in to find that my wallet had expanded by some one million simoleons, so thank you to whoever gifted me that! It's hugely appreciated and I promise not to squander it all!

I also noticed that our part of the map has completed Arcology. Rock on, folks.

It's a shame I haven't been able to contribute more to wider region play really.
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

My GW2 blog that you can follow on Twitter.

Network Hub
    ooh, does that mean you're sending me less criminals then? That's wonderful news.

I'd recommend spending some of notface's generous donations on regional transport (large bus station, trains), then your remaining population can commute to work and school.

From what I've seen so far, the Arcology has the major effect of sending you as many low and mid-income workers as you have open jobs, so you can concentrate on only having rich people live in your borough.

Network Hub
    Did anybody else's water table completely vanish in the last update? I've still got water under my main pump, but the rest of my land is bone dry, including the coastal areas. I had a water deficit and ended up having to put a new pumping station with a filter pump right next to my sewage plant, because that was the only place that had any water.

Obscure Node
    Am I the only one that gets to around 175-200K population and then just watches his city without modifying much anything past that point? i love how it looks and the people are happy and the budget is balanced and all that... To me it feels like my end game when my city reaches that, I know it can go further than this but I tend to stop working on it after I reach ~175K and I'm happy with it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Grindy View Post
    Am I the only one that gets to around 175-200K population and then just watches his city without modifying much anything past that point? i love how it looks and the people are happy and the budget is balanced and all that... To me it feels like my end game when my city reaches that, I know it can go further than this but I tend to stop working on it after I reach ~175K and I'm happy with it that way.
    I know what you mean, although I tend to get to this stage at about 50k people. I'm worried that I'm not finding this game 'deep' enough for my liking!
    Planetside2 / Firefall: Crustycuffs
    Mechwarrior Online / Blood Bowl: Mrchinchin25
    GuildWars2: Shiifty (Mesmer) Frank Tankborn (Warrior)
    Raptr: mrchinchin25 Steam: mrchinchin25 Origin: ​Crustycuffs

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Have the traffic issues been solved in this yet?

Do all the AI just go from house to house until they find an empty one?

Do buses and fire engines still conga line?
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Harper Plains Is On The Rise!

Thanks to the generous donation earlier this month, I've been able to introduce basic infrastructure back into my once-beautiful city. While it still lacks a lot of essential services, that has not stopped a huge amount of people wanting to move back into my streets. Or... er... street.

At the moment I'm stockpiling funds to thrust into a decent industry. In my sandbox region, I've gone down the route of building TVs and it has earned me a ridiculous amount of money. However, I haven't played that place in a while so is it still worth making TVs? If so, I'll plop down a community college, bring in those medium-tech workers and actually turn this place around.
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

Sorry guys I'm currently without Internet until the 27th of this month! I'm conscious my city is probably a horrible mess by now but I'll fix it up a little more when I'm back, I promise!
    Guild Wars 2:

Network Hub
    Out of boredom and curiosity I fired this up again tonight. As the much vaunted Update 7 has still not rolled out, pathfinding is still ridiculous, but it's still oddly compulsive to just watch the city tick over.

The Global Market also has reared it's head and a TV manufacturing city can no longer operate with ridiculous profits while having a massive budget deficit. Davington Meadows gradually bled out from 24 million Simoleons to about 20 million over the course of a couple of hours. Changing to mixed TV/PC manufacturing seemed to even it out for a while (PCs are actually worth more than TVs, now), but my recycling center was eventually unable to keep up with the increased alloy demand (though I might be able to correct that by putting it back on a 2 plastic/2 alloy recovery line configuration, instead of the 3/1 it is now).

Obscure Node
    Ugh, I paid all that money for the game, I really should try it again. I'm not sure I have the heart to though, knowing what could have been. There are so many amazing games out there now I just don't have time to play a (at best) mediocre one.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sparkasaurusmex's Avatar
    It'd be awesome if this thread was called Rock Paper Serversidecalculations

Banned
    Did everyone hear about the survey and tidbits from EA about unlimited city size and proper offline single player?

If this comes in a patch... awesome!

If it comes as a paid expansion pack... ALL OF MY FURY!11!!!!ANGERY1!

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Swayze View Post
    Did everyone hear about the survey and tidbits from EA about unlimited city size and proper offline single player?

If this comes in a patch... awesome!

If it comes as a paid expansion pack... ALL OF MY FURY!11!!!!ANGERY1!
    Honestly I'm not sure I would mind. I bought the original game knowing fully well that it had tiny as hell cities and full online play (which I don't really care about anyway), hell I even had played it for a good ten hours before buying it and I still bought it.

My issues with the game go far beyond those simple problems, if an expansion comes with added features that correct that and increase city size on the side, I would not mind.

I would also probably not buy it at full price.