Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Swayze View Post
    Be careful with deleting roads. As the game stands now you can delete school buses and police cars and whatever else into oblivion with no way of getting them back.

Has anyone tried to take over my city? :(

I tested this by deleting my police garages and adding them again and the cars seemed to come back. i deleted a whole full stretch of highway once, so lord knows how many I've lost.

I'm a little up the creek without a paddle now :)

Obscure Node
    So, how do I upload screen shots in a decent size? When I try it comes in so small I can't see anything. I've got a crazy traffic jam I want to show off...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Network Hub
    Upload them to flickr or photobucket or something and then use the embed code, don't upload them directly to the forums.

Finally got a Med School and researched the Surgical Center. Also plopped the Empire State Building, just 'cuz, and it's had some unexpected side effects. A huge chunk of my commercial switched over to being hotels, and I didn't realize that tourist attractions brought in money. Tempted to go nuts and use my 16 million simoleons to just plop everything else in the tourist specialization.

Having trouble getting my approval rating to 90% so I can finish upgrading my mansion. I've got 5% taxes across the board, and another tax cut just seems irresponsible...
    Last edited by Dave L.; 18-03-2013 at 02:56 AM.

Obscure Node
    Geez Dave, rub it in. How about funding Redemption...

Obscure Node
    Yeah, those tourist things are nice, but choose carefully, you can only have three landmarks. Some of them have additional bonuses too, e.g. a few you can host events and one doubles as a residential building.

Network Hub
    Don't say I've never done anything for you, _finale_ (assuming the server didn't eat the fund transfer...)

I think traffic is beginning to become a problem...

Also, discovered today that completed Great Works are only visible in the region view of the cities that are directly connected to them, which is totally lame and a pretty obvious bug that should've been caught. If you're not connected to a Great Work you can visit a city that is connected to it to see it in the distance, but there's no way to check any stats for it (assuming that's possible at all, since we still haven't finished our air port).
    Last edited by Dave L.; 18-03-2013 at 08:25 PM.

Banned
    Loving that semi circle

Obscure Node
    Cheers Dave! You're a gent, the little van o' cash made it.

Think I'm gonna bulldoze the lot.

Again, I'll testify that 'one road only' works remarkably well for traffic. Of course that isn't a permanent solution, but hopefully they'll fix the traffic issues with patches. Possibly.

I haven't forgotten about my city; I'm just having to split my time between SC and GW2 at the moment. The fact that my entire water board is red discouraged me quite a bit - despite the successful redesign of my road system. I'm currently experimenting with a private region in sandbox mode so hopefully that'll furnish me with skills to apply to our own region.
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

My GW2 blog that you can follow on Twitter.

Network Hub
    Bipolarship is coming along nicely now, mostly due to the stupendous amounts of cash being thrown at me.

I've now got pleny of workers coming over from the Arcology, but I'm not sure that is for the best since so much seems to be tied to your local population.

Banned
    My City is unplayable :(

I've posted in the forums but don't expect any progress.

Network Hub
    I've found that unplayable cities can revert to playable if left alone for a while.

Obscure Node
    Agh, I made the mistake of going on the SimCity forums and the collective hatred there has leeched into my consciousness. I now don't want to play until the traffic is fixed at least.

It's a shame cos I've put 60 hours into this and love the game.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Yargh View Post
    I've found that unplayable cities can revert to playable if left alone for a while.
    5 days.

Its abondonned if anyone wants to tryh

Obscure Node
    And lo! The update est arriveé!

Pardon my french.

Obscure Node
    Can anyone tell me if this game is actually in a playable state? Thinking of buying it so asked around a little and since you guys are actually playing it thought your opinions would be helpful.

Obscure Node
    Dunno about others, but the joy of playing a new, spangly SimCity game has carried me this far. The downside is that virtually no in-game mechanics work.

Read Eurogamer's review and if you're a die hard you'll still buy at full price, otherwise...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...simcity-review

Obscure Node
    I'm enjoying it and it hasn't given me too many technical problems (lately). As long as you get a jump on traffic you'll be ok, if you don't it'll kill a city. Now, I don't know that I'm having $60 worth of fun...

Obscure Node
    Hey northern guys: I finished sending metal to the airport, switching to alloy. I can't do oil, but it looks like we're almost done with that anyway. I'm sitting on 30 million bucks if anyone needs a cash infusion to get going.

Network Hub
    I'll see if I can finish off oil this weekend. I haven't booted the game up in a few days due to new work schedule.

Also: count me amongst the 'enjoying it, but kind of wish I'd waited' camp on the overall opinion question. It's fun, but the pathfinding issues really do result in some absolutely nonsensical stuff happening. I can't count how many times I've had to bulldoze commercial buildings that were abandoned due to lack of shoppers, and residential in the same wealth bracket due to lack of shopping at the same time.

I also really wish that there were better happiness breakdowns for buildings. If I have a building that's closed due to lack of workers, why can't I get a breakdown of how many workers of which class that building in particular lacks?