Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    No tree yet?

Quote Originally Posted by jha4ceb View Post
    How about one of those wrinkly elderly male asura? You don't see many of those around.
    I once had an Asuran engineer with a weird look, but somehow it didn't really stick. Might play around with the character generator a bit. Thanks for the suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by apricotsoup View Post
    No tree yet?
    No! Not yet. I did try to find a good looking female plantperson once for my Mesmer, but found the face options to look very familiar, meaning that I had already seen soooo many female tree casters who somehow looked the same. Might give it another try though.

Edit: Sylvari have some seriously good looking racial armor. Hmm...

Editedit: But Asurans are small and their animations are hard to recognise, which is an advantage in PvP. Hmmm...
    Last edited by Squiz; 30-07-2013 at 12:03 PM.

Network Hub
    I'd suggest a female Sylvari, since 1) you don't have a Sylvari yet; 2) she is voiced by Jennifer Hale; and 3) Sylvari start in Caledon Forest and if I am to run along with your leveling I want a zone I like. And I like Caledon Forest a lot.

And if you're in to that, 4) Sylvari have a wide range of customizing available so you can spend a lot of time making sure your glow-colour matches your skin (bark?) which matches your hair (leaves?) (or your mushroom).
    If it's called Vlupius or Vlupia, it's probably me.

MY MUSHROOM IS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS, MISTER. But I do like Caledon Forest.

Lesser Hivemind Node MonkeyMonster's Avatar
    Destroying Rabbits wherever they can be found
    Ive got a low level treebeard that would gladly accept hug work.
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    I've not really found another sylvari that looks like mine (unlike my human who looks fairly common now). Dark grey skin with mixed teal/green/blue hair and highlights.

Sylvari uniqueness often comes through interesting colour combinations.

But I do agree that there aren't enough face/hair options, though I find that true of all the classes.

I again went with wood colourings (much like my metal colourings on le norn) but missed the blood colouring part of setup somehow but fortunately its a good red which against dark greens looks quite cool as I run about...
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

Very good hints, many thanks. I still have that total makeover kit from the achievement point chests lying around, maybe there is something to be done with one of the new hair colours? I remember some alarmingly bright teal and pink tones, so caution is advised I guess.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Do Sylvari get any new appearance options with the total makeover kit? I'm fairly happy with most of my characters appearance, save my Sylavri necro who clashes with most armour that I put on her. I got a makeover kit in one of the achievement boxes, but not sure of better used elsewhere.

I agree with Vlup, the female Sylvari is the best of the voiceovers that I can recall (of the 8 I have tried). I mean it's Bastilla/Commander Shepard/Jean Grey/Ms Marvel/Samus Aran/Dynaheir... Oh, and Queen Jennah...
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

No idea about the appearance options, but apparently there are still reports of a bug that causes the glow at night to reset/turn off after using such a kit. Those cases are few and far between and I've read that Arenanet support will help you out if it occurs, I just thought I should mention it here.

Right now I am leaning towards female Sylvari, but it really comes down to "Can I find a unique and non-boring face compos(t)ition?". Oh, and I need a good name.

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post

Right now I am leaning towards female Sylvari, but it really comes down to "Can I find a unique and non-boring face compos(t)ition?". Oh, and I need a good name.
    Treehugger?
    Tweetiti but also (ex Knickers) Burlesque Galore, Melons of Steel and Liltweetie

Rapscallion? Eh? EH?

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    Rapscallion? Eh? EH?
    Rapstallion, though better if it were male character...

Network Hub
    we can't make Centaur characters yet Monkey...

I cannot find a decent name that hasn't been taken yet!

Edit: Glindah it is, the name of my LOTRO Lore Master(ess).
    Last edited by Squiz; 30-07-2013 at 08:47 PM.

Network Hub
    Hey Folks

It's been a while since I visited Tyria, and I plan to go explorin' new lands tonight as Huani, my lvl 30 Ranger.

I always welcome some company to share in the experience, marvel at the beauty of the land, and take down ill-intent creatures and such.

Departure around 8pm UK time. Will post in Guild chat. Hope to see a few companions.
    Easy (nCore) likes Braaaains
    Find me on Steam

Hi

I would be happy to come with my lvl29 thief but be aware that there's a guild mission at 9 so I won't be able to do it for more than an hour
    Tweetiti but also (ex Knickers) Burlesque Galore, Melons of Steel and Liltweetie