Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus pakoito's Avatar

For security reasons please change your password

I have just finished downloading the game from steam. As soon as I try to log in, this silly "reset your password" message kicks in, no matter what user/pass combo I put in. I have tried with a new account and an old beta account, none is working.

WTF!?

I have no idea what that is. Can you post a screenshot for us?

It's a common issue apparently (http://bit.ly/10OOryv) solved by phoning them into fixing it, which I'm not going to do

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Are you managing to get in the game, then?

I raised a ticket and am waiting for the answer, and will try to create accounts until one of them works.

No ticket response, made another account that doesn't even work. I suspect my Steam client downloaded the US versions and some EU accounts just don't work.

I guess I'll skip tonight's game

Lesser Hivemind Node
    You could create an account with SOE (which is a much much better option anyway), but you might need to use a proxy like http://hidemyass.com/ to be able to do so.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Fun story - changed my password today then tried to log in. Was told by the launcher, after typing in my new pass, that all customers must reset their passwords (unexpected, but fair enough), so clicked the link to do so. It then tells me that I have exceeded the number of password resets they allow per day, need to wait 24 hours before doing so. But it wouldn't let me log in without resetting it. Yay.

You reckon giving it 24 hours will actually work, or is it going to be bugged out then as well? Would be a pain in the arse to have to phone them.

TL;DR: don't reset your password unless you have to.

Welcome to the reset password loop. It's been acknowledged by their support site and the solution is to raise a ticket to Billing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Ack! That sucks.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by pakoito View Post
    No ticket response, made another account that doesn't even work. I suspect my Steam client downloaded the US versions and some EU accounts just don't work.

I guess I'll skip tonight's game
    If you're using a ProSieben account do not use the steam launcher, you need to use the one from the planetside2.eu site.

My personal recommendation would be to start up a US proxy session and create a new US SOE account instead. You only need the proxy for account creation.

If you're using a ProSieben account do not use the steam launcher, you need to use the one from the planetside2.eu site.
    That would make total sense but was never explained. Download speed is shit compared to Steam, tho.

Well, that fixed it. Downloading now.

I couldn't have played last night anyway because a pipe broke and my house looked like a swimming pool.

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    Well, that fixed it. Downloading now.

I couldn't have played last night anyway because a pipe broke and my house looked like a swimming pool.
    Ouch, hope things are sorted for that now.

We've had multiple pipes go in our place (worst plumbers ever) but luckily we've managed to catch them before the chaos completely broke loose.

Finally tested the game, the colorblindness and unability to distinguish allies from enemies almost gained me a ban lol

I'll join in the next battle tonight or whatever :P

Secondary Hivemind Nexus BasicPauly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yargh View Post

My personal recommendation would be to start up a US proxy session and create a new US SOE account instead. You only need the proxy for account creation.
    I didnt need to use a proxy to create a SOE account.. it just let me use it straight away?

Network Hub
    Finally tested the game, the colorblindness and unability to distinguish allies from enemies almost gained me a ban lol

I'll join in the next battle tonight or whatever :P
    You can change the colours the game uses in the settings. I'm told this can help.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus BasicPauly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yargh View Post
    You can change the colours the game uses in the settings. I'm told this can help.
    Doesnt that just change the faction enemy colour? Currently they all show as red for me... which is the default... the issue to me isnt the enemy name colour, its the terrain and squad colours. Alpha and bravo are very similar to a colourblind person.

They don't stand from the background and even once they do the "brownish" uniform with small hints of faction color doesn't cut it for me. I have started figuring out that anyone without an arrow or nametag on their head are enemies.

I tried changing faction colors to purple, yellow, red, but it didn't affect much ingame graphics. Maybe I need to reset the client.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    They don't stand from the background and even once they do the "brownish" uniform with small hints of faction color doesn't cut it for me. I have started figuring out that anyone without an arrow or nametag on their head are enemies.

I tried changing faction colors to purple, yellow, red, but it didn't affect much ingame graphics. Maybe I need to reset the client.
    Changing faction colours just effects the colour of those arrows. (and other HUD stuff)
    The game rather fails at both distinctive silhouettes and it is very colourblind unfriendly (at least, judging by the complaints of the colourblind outfit members)