Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus squirrel's Avatar

EA Gonna Reveal More On Upcoming Battlefield 4 on Coming 26 March

The game has been announced mid last year, so the arrangement is pretty fair to Battlefield 3 players.

http://asia.gamespot.com/news/ea-hol...rch-26-6405410

I personally would like the following concerns to be clarified in the event:

1. Spec Req., of course, but I dont maintain hope that this can be revealed in this early stage.

2. Which gen. of game consoles it will be on, and the difference to PC version. For the last installment, 32 max player count per round on consoles is really a shortcoming compared to PC. (Shamefully, PC version was still out sold by each of the two console version.) I really look forward to cross-platform competitive gameplay being implemented. And I must say it isn't a wise decision to make such a highly prestigious title, with its cutting edge on powerful graphics, to become launch title for a new gen of game consoles. Launch titles for consoles are generally developed on alpha / beta SDK which are underpowered, either for the fact final hardware is not ready yet, or more like, platform holders don't want too much technical secrets to be revealed to software developers. Business itself is a BATTLEFIELD, after all.

3. Player account management of PC version. The way they handle accounts for Battlefield 3 effectively shut cybercafe players like me out of the game. And damn, I still cannot have a stable Interent connectivity at home, so in the coming years I may still have to play online games in cybercafes, especially for games like shooters which require a very large bandwidth with stable connectivity.

4. Time theme setting. This will definitely be revealed, I am sure. Future Sci-Fi weapons are sure to be substantially different from modern weapon. (No wait, will someone make a World War One shooter?)

5. What would the singleplayer look, or would they simply drop it all together? Sadly, the later option seems like a possibility.

6. Gamespot mentioned a possible new installment for Bad Company, which is a different game from Battlefield 4. I really enjoy the carefully crafted intense environment of Bad Company 2. Oddly to me, the story is quite memorable. I really want to know how the Russia's invasion over North America goes after it overrun Alaska. Historically, the farthest Russian power reached in the 19th century was Southern California.

There are many shortcomings of Battlefield 3 as I can see from the complaints you guys made in this board. However, these two years were truly greatly years made by this great shooter. It has proved its great value with over 50K player counts for any one given time spot, on each single platform! So in total, at this moment when you are reading this post (at least before the launch of Battlefield 4), there are over 150K gamers in the world playing it!!
    Last edited by squirrel; 17-03-2013 at 12:12 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Yeah, I too want a new Bad Company campaign. It was almost the exact same plot as any CoD, but the cast of characters were all so likeable. It is rare that I find myself smiling and caring if the guys I team up with in an FPS live or die, and even thinking "I wouldn't mind hanging out with these guys in a less explodey setting".

And I'm keeping my eyes/ears open. I really enjoyed BF3 (MP and SP), but didn't really see a point in getting the DLC. But I would definitely pay 50-60 bucks for the next one, assuming they don't do something horribly stupid to ruin it.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    Good, but there is no rush, I'm still not 100 service stars colonel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    You are an enemy of gaming.

Banned
    The Bad Company 2 story was disgusting COD audience pandering OH NOES MUH AMERICA IS INVADED, which is just DONE as a theme now.

Red Dawn and World In Conflict (Shit, time to reinstall and listen to Alec Baldwin's amazing growls and shout at through my monitor Bannon) did this to the point where it can never ever be bettered.

Leave it alone.

BC2's only saving grace was that it featured BC1's cast again. I could listen Sweetwater and Haggard banter for hours.

A story as good as BC1's was nowhere to be seen.

Heck even Battlefield 3's story was better in some respects.

Give me a Bad Company 3 but don't bother with a grand tale about saving the world, just about one about four dudes who hate their jobs and are trying to get out. Again.

If its just Battlefield 4, I'd say drop the story unless its entirely co-op and just let DICE get on with making some amazing and hopefully innovative multiplayer now that the last gen of consoles are getting dropped.

Plz 4 x the maps size, 6 x the destructibility, 2 x the player count, thx, bye.

battlefield games have singleplayer?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Isn't this to soon for new battlefield game,it feels like previous one came yesterday out.

Quote Originally Posted by His Master's Voice View Post

Yeah sure,only if you want to have medicore graphics,otherwise its not possible with current hardware.
    ... I take the lives of a few to protect the lives of many. I commit acts of war to preserve the greater peace. I take no joy in killing, but make no mistake; I'll do what needs to be done. Because it's my job. It's my duty. My name is Sam Fisher, and I am a Splinter Cell.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by His Master's Voice View Post
    Armored Kill have huge maps already, it's just not very fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    You are an enemy of gaming.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Isn't this to soon for new battlefield game,it feels like previous one came yesterday out.

Yeah sure,only if you want to have medicore graphics,otherwise its not possible with current hardware.

I don't believe you've met.

Plus the destruction was greater in bad company 1 & 2 over Bf3. Shaper visuals and shared dev with consoles meant the destruction got less. Totally possible for increased damage on PC and a new gen of Consoles.

Also, 128 player on a map like Metro ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING but... sort of want.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    I spent quite some time with Joint Operations,sure it had all that but it looked like poo.
    ... I take the lives of a few to protect the lives of many. I commit acts of war to preserve the greater peace. I take no joy in killing, but make no mistake; I'll do what needs to be done. Because it's my job. It's my duty. My name is Sam Fisher, and I am a Splinter Cell.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Grizzly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Swayze View Post
    The Bad Company 2 story was disgusting COD audience pandering OH NOES MUH AMERICA IS INVADED, which is just DONE as a theme now.
    In BC2, America is only invaded at the end of the campaign ("They are coming in trough Alaska!", once you actually have shot the main bad and everything). Russia invades ALL the countries except America in BC2.

I am also geussing you missed all the jabs jokes and all that stuff at MW2? The game is basically one big CoD:MW2 parody.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Swayze
    Plus the destruction was greater in bad company 1 & 2 over Bf3. Shaper visuals and shared dev with consoles meant the destruction got less. Totally possible for increased damage on PC and a new gen of Consoles.
    ... I do not see how shared dev with consoles in BF3 meant the destruction got less, as the BC games were developed to be console only.

Quote Originally Posted by Gundato
    And I'm keeping my eyes/ears open. I really enjoyed BF3 (MP and SP), but didn't really see a point in getting the DLC. But I would definitely pay 50-60 bucks for the next one, assuming they don't do something horribly stupid to ruin it.
    The DLC is actually really good. As in, better then BF3 vanilla by miles good. Aftermath and Endgame feature awesome maps.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrel
    For the last installment, 32 max player count per round on consoles is really a shortcoming compared to PC.
    It is actually 24 players (!). Apperently, even the adapted smaller versions of the BF3 Armored kill maps are so fucking huge that they are basically unplayable on the consoles.

---

From what I have heard, Battlefield 4 will be coming out next year in march (or potentially later). I will see if I have not been burned out on the game by that point in time, although it does not look like it so far, with 150 or so hours put into it already.
    Last edited by Grizzly; 17-03-2013 at 06:38 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Bad Company 2's single player was pants and completely jarring with the original BC. The jabs at CoD were stupid and only showed to highlight how little creativity they put into their own original material. The only strong point of the campaign for me was the very first mission because that at least did something different (relatively speaking). The worst offender though was that all the original comedic or lighter material was only apparent...if you waited around. Great!

Compared to the BC1 campaign which, whilst more nebulous in happenings, told a decent story, gave you access to an open sandboxy map and was slightly more irreverent. There was no way you were going to get a golf cart full of four soldiers being shot at by tanks in BC2. It's a shame the game remained console only.

Of course, advantage to BC2 over BF3's SP because I abandoned the BF3 one because I felt it was treating me like a baby and holding me at contempt for even daring to play it. Whilst I don't think BF needs a SP, BC1 showed that they could do it well and still play up to the strengths of the series, at least up to that point. I think they've long since abandoned that notion though, so BF4's campaign will I'm sure be similarly stupid.

As for MP, well, BF3's was a massive let down for me and based on what I've heard murmur-wise about 4, I doubt that'll change. It's pretty much confirmed it'll be modern day, again, meaning no real creativity in environments, technology or tools. I imagine they'll inundate players with a shit-load of unlocks again, depriving the starting player of necessary tools to carry out their roles unless they've played/paid a bit and I have little doubt they'll neglect a re-emphasis on objectives over K/D. I suppose the map design may be improved over the stock BF3 material, but if the other mechanics are still in place, this is an avoid from me. Or put it this way, BF4 would have to be incredibly strong to draw me away from PlanetSide 2.