The landscape of PC gaming is littered with bright ideas and good intentions: both of those things seem true of 0 A.D. Wildfire Games have take the popular template of Age Of Empires-style historical RTS, and made an open-source project out of it. You can see the fruit of their labours in a series of videos – linked below – or, hell, you can download the alpha and play it (Windows, OSX, Linux). Wildfire are so keen on getting people involved to create mods and variants – or to help with the main game – that they’ve even gone and posted a how-to guide on how to engage with their programming plans. Commendable.
Read the rest of this entry »
Posts Tagged ‘0 A.D.’
By Jim Rossignol on November 28th, 2012.
Respond to our gibber
- Totally heterosexual : “Valve are not "obligated" to do jacks shit to their community. Especially when it's filled with people like you.” on Robots Need Hats Too: TF2′s Community Created Update
- Tukuturi : “Wurm is pretty barren and empty, both in terms of content and in terms of mechanics.” on The Younger Scrolls: Morblivion – Frontiers
- Michael Anson : “I think you meant to say LARGEPLACE.” on The Younger Scrolls: Morblivion – Frontiers
- Listlurker : “Don Reba, I agree, Defiance is trying to take a Firefly type-approach to its storytelling, with perhaps a little of the old Babylon 5 "ensemble ...” on The Price Of Defiance: Trion Worlds Hit By Big Layoffs
- MadMatty : “Wurm Online was made, just about by one guy, and a small company added graphic content... but ofcourse, thats an MMO and that relies on ...” on The Younger Scrolls: Morblivion – Frontiers