Tiles are the most exciting thing you can say to a rogue-like likerer: it means that their most-liked of genres has been updated with graphics. DoomRL’s graphical update has been hanging around since 2007, when Spelunky maker Derek Yu promised he’d add them. Now, in 2012, the year of the Mayan apocalypse, he’s finally done it. I’m not saying that this update, which also brings with it some music and mouse options, is the harbinger, the beginning of the end of the age of man, the time we’ve all known was coming yet did nothing to prevent, the year everything changes and the world fights back. No, really, I’m not saying that at all: you’re twisting my words horribly. Stop it! What I am saying is DoomRL has had its biggest update. It’s free, it’s cute in a ‘aw look at him shotgun those flying eye-balls’ kinda way, and there’s a nice video of it below. I’ve no idea where you got that apocalypse stuff from, weirdo.
Read the rest of this entry »
Posts Tagged ‘2012!’
By Craig Pearson on March 2nd, 2012.
Respond to our gibber
- Mattressi : “"The people are against them, the politicians are against them, the founding fathers were against them, the constitution is against them. Now the US military ...” on Call Of Duty: Ghosts RPS EXCLUSIVE Dogshot Gallery
- vivlo : “"the rest of the video is so boring." that's because you never played the game (if you did never play the game ?..) and that ...” on N Times: The Way Of The Ninja Updates
- shagohad : “you know just because you are against pouring billions of dollars into killing people of absolutely no threat in far away countries doesn't mean you ...” on Call Of Duty: Ghosts RPS EXCLUSIVE Dogshot Gallery
- vivlo : “i used to play this... on nintendo ds. Not all day, but close enough. If i have thumb arthrosis one day, it will be because ...” on N Times: The Way Of The Ninja Updates
- Astartes : “Stop it, we're trying to be cynical here.” on Call Of Duty: Ghosts RPS EXCLUSIVE Dogshot Gallery