Ah, that’s the stuff. I knew I could trust IndieGames to provide a Friday afternoon-completing link, and so they did: 8BitMMO! Yes, it’s a super lo-fi MMO that looks like someone made it on a Commodore 64, but is actually pretty contemporary with its open construction options, PvP, and all the jazz that makes the massively multiplayer world so appealing. It’s also free in your browser right here. I’ve posted the trailer below if you want to have a look but can’t be playing Java browser games at work or whatnot. Lovely, lovely.
Read the rest of this entry »
Posts Tagged ‘8BitMMO’
By Jim Rossignol on February 17th, 2012.
Respond to our gibber
- eeldvark : “Delightful short film based on potential Fermi Paradox solution 4: http://www.youtu~ It's only 7-odd minutes, totally worth your time.” on The Sunday Papers
- Vorphalack : “''Think of the Cloak and Dagger and Your Eternal Reward'' The spy watches are a prime example of bad balancing. The Dead Ringer is so ...” on Robots Need Hats Too: TF2′s Community Created Update
- misterT0AST : “I just opened Rock Paper Shotgun, opened this article, read the very first sentence, and I immediately wanted to object to that. The thing about ...” on The Sunday Papers
- Ernesto25 : “I agree about TNG representing the "real star trek" or what i like about trek, and games that let you role-playing in general. Not just ...” on The Sunday Papers
- bVork : “The Amazon sale lasts to the end of the month and Dark Souls is one of the games that is supposed to be discounted for ...” on The RPS Bargain Bucket: Hit Back