The Cannon Fodder games are inserted deeply within the Fond Memories Gland of many of the RPS team. It was therefore surprise that we learned that a third Cannon Fodder game would be released in Russia. It is with even more surprise that we discover, via Strategy Informer, that an English version has been released on GamersGate. I’ve not had a look at it yet, so I can’t gauge the entertainment value, but we’ll try to amend that soon. (The total lack of fanfare makes me raise an eyebrow, of course.) In the meantime: this.
Posts Tagged ‘Cannon Fodder 3’
By Jim Rossignol on February 9th, 2012.
By John Walker on February 3rd, 2012.
Well here’s a thing. You may remember that last January there was a flurry of excitement at the prospect of a new Cannon Fodder game. The 1993 Amiga classic still generates a lot of love, and people especially like arguing about whether Cannon Fodder 2 was an acceptable sequel, and whether Stuart Campbell ruined it with his sticky-up hair. Let’s fight about that now! But a third never happened, until the peculiarity of Codemasters licensing the title for a Russian-only third part developed by GFI. Codies quickly distanced themselves from it, and things fell silent. But now every other site on the internet has reported the spotting of a YouTube video of some footage by Twitterite superannuation. And, well, it looks like Cannon Fodder with improved graphics.
By Quintin Smith on January 18th, 2011.
EDIT: Ah. Allow me to bring you back down to Earth with a bump. Codemasters has told Eurogamer that despite GFI’s plans to release the game for both PC and Xbox 360, they do not have plans to release the games outside of Russia and the CIS territitories. Here’s a picture of the CIS territories. Do you live there? Didn’t think so. Perhaps if GFI knock the game out of the park, Codemasters will look at bringing the game to the rest of the globe. The original news story follows.
News! News! Here is the news. Russian developer/publisher GFI, who had a hand in the creation of The Precursors, Boiling Point, White Gold (the sequel to Boiling Point) and about a thousand pieces of shovelware nonsense has announced the development of another sequel to classic 90s PC game Cannon Fodder, in collaboration with Codemasters. Would you like to see the image and press release? Alright, soldier, you’ll find it all below. Double-time it!
Read the rest of this entry »
Respond to our gibber
- Caiman : “I certainly agree, if devs want to do that then go right ahead. There's probably an interesting article to be written about the pros and ...” on A Grim Couple Of Hours With Akaneiro: Demon Hunter
- phylum sinter : “I got stuck on the firey demon guy in TW2. On Easy. I'm not sure what i was missing when it came to the combat, ...” on The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Gallery Is So Pretty
- johnnyboy101 : “I guess i am in the minority then.. I have a cutting edge PC - intel 2500k, 2x 7970, 32 gb ram, and a 512 ...” on PC FIFA 14 Will Be Previous-Gen Version
- callmeclean : “"because I honestly doubt you have that many friends." Because your putting your own sense of humour that you consider "normal" onto everyone else, and ...” on Who ‘Won’ E3 And Other Assorted Musings
- Apocalypse : “Just compare the elemental demo for ps4 and pc. Now say again "run circles around a pc" and do it with an honest face ;-) ...” on PC FIFA 14 Will Be Previous-Gen Version