What a terrible name, for a games on demand thinger. Anyway, below there’s 17-minutes of footage of the Shiny-one talking about Gaikai, his latest project, courtesy of all-seeing news-tube VG247. In it he reveals that the service is looking at a launch in California in “the first quarter of 2010″, with a beta test proceeding it. All being profitable at that point, they’ll roll out to “the whole of the US”. No one’s taken up the cloud gaming baton for Europe’s (okay, maybe just the UK, the rest of Europe sounds like some kind of broadband utopia if comments below are to be believed) creaky broadband infrastructure as yet, and I can’t say I blame them.
Read the rest of this entry »
Posts Tagged ‘gaikai’
By Jim Rossignol on July 15th, 2009.
Respond to our gibber
- Shiny : “On the one hand, spending a lot of time polishing up a build for E3 is a waste of precious development resources. On the other ...” on Thief: Eidos’ Words Vs My E3 Playthrough
- KenTWOu : “Arkham Asylum had the same basic idea going on and it worked pretty well. That idea worked pretty well, because Arkham games doesn't have wide ...” on Thief: Eidos’ Words Vs My E3 Playthrough
- Scrooge McDuck : “SR2 has 3 DLCs. The Third has 18.” on Volition Looking To Mod Support For Saints Row Games
- Tanner : “A fair warning. Multiplayer combat is broken. This game is unplayable in multiplayer unless you invoke some house rules or just exclude any combat from ...” on Civil Served: Civilization V: Brave New World Footage
- JessMcGuire6 : “Reagan. I just agree... Martin`s blog is flabbergasting, yesterday I picked up a new Renault 4 when I got my check for $6839 this - ...” on Valve Are Releasing A Game