Flashbang’s latest opus, Minotaur China Shop is now online, and available to play for free via the Blurst site. Go form opinions. To mark the occasion, we grabbed Flashbang’s Steve Swink to ask a few questions about the new game, find out which comes first: the name or the game, get shown fascinating prototypes of projects, and see some fantastic behind-the-scenes glimpses into the workings of their “home for abused developers”.
Posts Tagged ‘jetpack brontosaurus’
By John Walker on December 11th, 2008.
By Kieron Gillen on May 16th, 2008.
True fact. The makers of Off-Road Velociraptor Safari have released an alpha of the much anticipated Jetpack Brontosaurus (“Splendid jetpack dreams of the Apatosaurus named Brontosaurus”). It includes what looks like four missions and a brontosaurus with a jetpack. Some initial impressions follow, in the format of words.
By Jim Rossignol on April 12th, 2008.
Shack: Favorite dinosaur?
Flashbang: Ravens. We take a cladistic standpoint and demand our taxa be monophyletic, so “dinosaurs” must include Aves, the modern birds.
Shack: Favorite dinosaur video game?
Flashbang: Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis is hands down the best dinosaur related game ever created. Not even kidding.
By Alec Meer on April 2nd, 2008.
Amorphous dream landscapes are sort of like space, right? Good – then this can receive the hallowed ‘space week’ tag.
It’s the first, gorgeous footage of Jetpack Brontosaurus, the next game from Flashbang Studios – who you may remember from such indie physics-delights as
The President’s Neck is Missing Offroad Velociraptor Safari. The ethereal soundtrack helps, but even without it I’m pretty convinced this apparent Gravitar/Thrust descendant will muster a joyous PC gamer pile-on in much the same manner as did Raptor Safari and Trials 2 . It makes me want to say daffy things like “mesmeric beauty.” In fact, it’s so elegant that I immediately forgot it was about piloting a 30-ton dinosaur through the skies. It just seems natural, somehow.
Respond to our gibber
- Elevory : “I'm actually quite fond of the sprinting/melee mechanism. For whatever reason, it comes across as intuitive to my mind. What bothers me, however, are the ...” on Reus And Renaissance Heroes Are Things You Can Play
- PikaBot : “And without Valve providing the platform and audience for them, the time they spent on it would net them exactly zero dollars. Thirty percent is ...” on Robots Need Hats Too: TF2′s Community Created Update
- TwwIX : “The show is decent but the game is pretty fucking lackluster and lacks any cohesive structure or meaningful content. It's hardly an MMO. It's a ...” on The Price Of Defiance: Trion Worlds Hit By Big Layoffs
- David Bliff : “What don't you like? It's not the easiest thing to learn but I think the game is incredibly compelling.” on Reus And Renaissance Heroes Are Things You Can Play
- David Bliff : “Confirmed: Reus is amazing. It's definitely deeper and a little less approachable than other recent god games like From Dust. But it really is more ...” on Reus And Renaissance Heroes Are Things You Can Play