This week’s battle broadcast comes to you from a picturesque Dutch city on the banks of the Rhine. It’s September 1944, and a beleaguered force of British paratroopers, clinging by their fingernails to positions around Arnhem’s strategically-vital road bridge, are about to participate in what could well turn out to be their final action. All that stands between the Red Berets and total annihilation is a couple of 6-pounder anti-tank guns, a flamethrower, two PIATs, a few dozen Stens and Lee-Enfield rifles, and one mediocre wargamer who has known and loved Close Combat 2: A Bridge Too Far for the best part of 14 years.
Posts Tagged ‘A Bridge Too Far’
News and things
What If Steam Never Existed?
Electric Dreams, Part 2: Optimists At Heart
What's Wrong With Game Research
Search for clues
Respond to our gibber
- Flatley : “WHERE OUR YOU?!?” on The Flare Path: Draftees And Deserters
- whilesleepinghesaid : “Just wow. I never played SHOGO as much as you did but for some reason ...” on Video: File System Aging – 1. Defragmentation
- HisDivineOrder : “Activision would have totally called their service, "Battle.net." It predated Steam and is a brand ...” on What If Steam Never Existed?
- Easy : “Live Long and Prosper (sorry, but am little bit sad and in a way I ...” on Video: File System Aging – 1. Defragmentation
- Mr-Link : “Frankly I find the notion that indies would not have survived without steam to be ...” on What If Steam Never Existed?
Video: File System Aging - 1. Defragmentation
Remembering PC Games
The Flare Path: Draftees And Deserters
Simulation & wargame blather
Why You Don't Need Multiple Graphics Cards
"It just gnaws away at you, that doubt"
Impressions: Oscura - Lost Light
Stuck in Limbo
Early Impressions: Rimworld
Angry squirrels on the final frontier
Dote Night: SpectateFaker And Riot's Jibber Jabber
Crossing the streams
Klick Klick Klicking In Kim Kardashian: Hollywood
Wot I Think: Homeworld Remastered Collection
"Galvanised galactic gods waging war across the aeons"
Cardboard Children - On Dungeons & Dragons
There Is No Winning
Wot I Think: Hand of Fate
"I’m gonna give you what for, Australian Raistlin"
Hands On: Hearts Of Iron IV
The best laid plans
Wot I Think: Frozen Cortex
Premature Evaluation: Eden Star
Wot I Think: Trash TV
What's on the other side?
Victor Vran: Early Access Impressions
The Pipwick Papers
The Sunday Papers
S.EXE: Full Throttle
Men and women can’t be friends