All it takes is a TV show for everything and everyone to want a manly hug from you. Bigpoint’s free-to-play MMO is the third game I’m aware of that’s based on George RR Martin’s easily spoiled fantasy doorstops, A Song of Ice and Fire, but it’s the one that’s interesting me the most. It plonks you right in the middle of Westeros during the first book’s timeframe at a very specific moment, and gives you everywhere from the North to the South to explore. The Lannisters, Baratheons and Starks are all scrabbling to grasp flicking tail of power (can you guess why?), and you can either take a side and get involved in the political PvP backstabbery, or wander the land headbutting the environment in PvE. Actual spoilers below.
Read the rest of this entry »
Posts Tagged ‘A Game Of Thrones: MMO’
By Craig Pearson on March 9th, 2012.
Respond to our gibber
- MellowKrogoth : “Unfortunately, it's gonna get shut down by the copyright holders like all other LOTR total conversion that reached any level of significance and popularity. What ...” on Impressions: LOTR War In The North
- Shooop : “One of the people from Techland is on the Steam forums taking questions about the game and people have brought up FOV a few times. ...” on Wot I Think: Call Of Juarez – Gunslinger
- Shooop : “Oh and good news on top of all this, no U-play. But it does however use Steamworks. So maybe bad news for anyone who wants ...” on Wot I Think: Call Of Juarez – Gunslinger
- Drinking with Skeletons : “Slow leveling is the real bane of ARPGs in my opinion. Borderlands 1 & 2 and Titan Quest had engaging systems, but I always hated ...” on Hands On: Grim Dawn
- P7uen : “That's the only pun you guys can pick? I expected them to be coming in spades.” on A Minecraft Mod To Admeier: CivCraft