Adam’s trousers haven’t been the same since he glimpsed top-down survival horror Darkwood. His favourite britches, woven from Oasis frontman Liam Gallagher’s eyebrow hairs and blessed by Morrissey, are now in a box and buried in consecrated ground. It was the overwhelming flood of terror juice he experienced at the indie RPG’s trailer. If you’d like to help the development team ruin pantaloons everywhere, they now have an IndieGoGo pitch.
Read the rest of this entry »
Posts Tagged ‘acid wizard’
By Craig Pearson on May 14th, 2013.
By Adam Smith on March 7th, 2013.
It’s been SLENDER pickings in the survival horror genre recently but Darkwood has my fear-glands tingling and, disturbingly, salivating. My internal organs are swimming in terror-juice,
Darkwood is a top-down, oldschool survival horror set in a procedurally generated, open world. It features RPG and roguelike elements, with intense combat and a eerie atmosphere.
They say ‘oldschool’, ‘they’ being the three folk from Poland who are making the game, but in many ways Darkwood appears to be using all the modern tricks of the trade. Procedurally generated maps, with randomised events and locations, and worrying sanity effects abound. The video shows the player setting up barricades to keep out…something…and, as everybody should be aware, barricades are an essential ingredient in true horror.
Respond to our gibber
- Nick : “buh? What investment of money does DOTA2 need from the player?” on EA’s Dawngate MOBA Detailed, Beta This Friday
- Vorphalack : “''Business is good'' is a sweeping generalisation. I did not say that business is not good. That would be another sweeping generalisation. Misinterpretatio~ the second ...” on Guild Wars 1 Development To Be Halted, Automated
- Mr Rud : “I don't know if you are trolling, sarcastic or just plain stupid yes, there are dice rolling mechanics in DotA, but they are preatty discouraged ...” on EA’s Dawngate MOBA Detailed, Beta This Friday
- The Random One : “Steroid Asian would be a great name for a prog rock album. The next one would've been called Asteroid Zion.” on Man On Man Action: Splinter Cell: Blacklist Co-op Trailer
- Nick : “Its not a limitation its a different way of doing things. Real time with pause has its own set of advantages and disadvantages, your preferences ...” on Guns For Hire: Jagged Alliance – Flashback