Post SOPA might be slightly wishful thinking, because the industries that paid for the bill are not going to back down any time soon. Perhaps they’ve realised they’re at least going to need to be slightly more subtle about wanting control of the internet. (Although as long as Chris Dodd is speaking for the MPAA, subtlety doesn’t look like it’s going to be an option.) They will be back. But there are others about, trying similar. So what’s there to worry about?
Posts Tagged ‘ACTA’
By John Walker on January 25th, 2012.
Respond to our gibber
- realitysconcierge : “Though it's contrary to your point, you could download and backup all of your games and the various cracks that go with them and never ...” on Unlearning To Share: The Industry Hatred Of Human Nature
- Apocalypse : “@1Life0Continues You have to face the truth, my mac and your pc are not modern anymore. He still is kinda right, 2GB GDRR5 and 8GB ...” on Surprise: Msoft Not Keen On Porting Xbox One Exclusives
- hitnrun : “That Microsoft modernist marketing shtick of naming the most recent iteration of whatever the fuck UI they're hawking this year has sickened me ever since ...” on Surprise: Msoft Not Keen On Porting Xbox One Exclusives
- abandonhope : “Well, after playing the two maps in the demo I still think I'm going to pass for now. It was hard to get a good ...” on Enter Their Safe Arms: Sanctum 2 Demo
- John Walker : “Your capacity to understand the opposite of everything we write would be almost impressive. If it weren't so numbingly tedious.” on Unlearning To Share: The Industry Hatred Of Human Nature