Alientrap’s new platform game, Apotheon, is pretty. A 2D platform action-RPG set in Greek mythology, where you’ll fight your way to the top of Mount Olympus. It’s the age old tale of a champion fighting for humanity against the wife and usurper of Zeus, Hera. We’ve all been there, battling Greek gods, stealing their powers, controlling the elements. I was doing just so last night, cleverly disguised as eating pork dumplings and prawn crackers while slumped in bed rewatching Doctor Who. If you squinted, you’d have seen the truth.
Read the rest of this entry »
Posts Tagged ‘action RPG’
By Craig Pearson on February 25th, 2012.
By John Walker on April 6th, 2011.
I’m not someone who can do one thing at a time. If I’m not doing multiple tasks I cannot concentrate, and get quickly distracted from anything I should be attempting. Writing this requires the distractions of a train journey, music, and text message conversations. One game at a time is rarely enough for me. Begin your diagnoses.
By John Walker on March 29th, 2011.
I think Titan Quest is one of the most underrated action RPGs (as we all now so politely call Diablo clones), so it’s with a happy face that I see new news of the team’s new game, Grim Dawn. From Crate Entertainment – the company formed by many of the former Iron Lore gang – comes some pre-alpha footage, as spotted by PCG. You can watch it below.
By John Walker on October 9th, 2009.
In their attempt to write a developer diary for Torchlight, Runic games managed this:
“Dear Diary, I think I will make a kick-ass game. Yes! That’s all for now. Lootfully yours, Runic Games.”
Fortunately they instead chose to elaborate further in video form, and you can see it below.
Respond to our gibber
- Xyvik : “No, 35% is an excellent deal as an author. And it's an excellent deal just about anywhere in the creative community where you make your ...” on Robots Need Hats Too: TF2′s Community Created Update
- The Random One : “That article (and the linked documentary) about the eternal mapmaker is absolutely beautiful. Now I keep imagining towns in the middle of farmland being swallowed ...” on The Sunday Papers
- lameudgha : “Here is it: http://leviathyn~” on The Younger Scrolls: Morblivion – Frontiers
- lameudgha : “Can’t really talk about Bender and TF2 without this: http://www.youtu~” on The RPS Bargain Bucket: Hit Back
- lameudgha : “The modelers of the original versions of the hats get a cut of the profits, too. Everyone (except Kollega) wins!http://www.~” on Robots Need Hats Too: TF2′s Community Created Update