Two years on from the moderately successful launch of Age Of Conan (I’m not really endorsing it here, I fell asleep after the first bit in the port, and ended up feeling deflated) it seems the Funcom have completed a major expansion for the game, Rise Of The Godslayer. It’s £18 and can be bought by subscribers via digital download from tomorrow. There’s also going to be a new retail push with the game going out bundled with the expansion. The new stuff includes Asian-themed Khitai, which has a new player race, and no level cap increases. Eh, what? Yep, all the new stuff comes in the form of new skills and professions for characters to pursue, giving existing characters more to do, and making them more rounded denizens of made-up-barbarianland. Hooray!
Posts Tagged ‘Age of Conan: Rise of the Godslayer’
By Jim Rossignol on May 10th, 2010.
By Kieron Gillen on August 19th, 2009.
To all good things, a sequel. To pretty much all things, an expansion pack. News breaks that Funcom are releasing an expansion for Age of Conan. GODSLAYER! Which is the sort of thing which demands capital letters. The add-on pack promises “more brutal, sexy and savage adventure” which is something that RPS is all very fond of, except Walker who prefers kindly, affectionate and sensitive staying-in. The game site is here and you’ll find a screenshot gallery over at Blues. The press release follows…
Update: Added in trailer.
Read the rest of this entry »
Respond to our gibber
- Sheng-ji : “Who do you think you are you arrogant pig, telling people which charity they should and should not support.” on Wake Sale: Alan Wake Now Humbled And Bundled
- PoLLeNSKi : “You are so correct: http://en.wikipe~ Only 19 games in the last decade (ok a fair few sequels/episodes~ versions of singleplayer games in there, but we're ...” on Valve’s CS: GO Overwatch Are Always Watching
- Lanfranc : “Sir, You Are Being Exploited For The Benefit Of The Unproductive Robotic Upper Classes.” on Sir, You Are Hiking In The Mountains
- i saw dasein : “"Nobody buys a license *without* the copy of the software attached, do they? Of course not, and companies don’t sell licenses to their software that ...” on Unlearning To Share: The Industry’s Hatred Of Generosity
- RedViv : “Ooooh, we're all for the Queen with the chaingun. Isn't that right, Nursie?” on Diablincoln: Second Chance Heroes Fuses ARPGs, History