Is it me, or is sail-boat violence suddenly vogue for PC games? Akella’s RPG-with-water Age of Pirates II has the whole show: tall ships with long cannons, men in frilly shirts, cutlass action and buried treasure. While I’m more of a ninja man than a pirate man (really a robot guy, truth be told) I can really see the appeal in what Akella are doing: a wide-open RPG complete with four campaigns, a multitude of quests, and all the usual Caribbean haunts. While I can’t exactly see this game hitting Bioware-level high notes of RPG design (Akella’s back catalogue does not exactly sparkle, meaning there’s a high potential for trash) this is nevertheless a game worth keeping an eye on. Trailer and feature list after the jump.
Posts Tagged ‘age of pirates 2’
By Jim Rossignol on October 21st, 2008.
Respond to our gibber
- JKjoker : “this device is going to be used to enforce DRM, the actual beneficial uses are scarce and most are outside the needs of regular users ...” on Watching, Waiting: New Kinect Eventually Coming To PC
- djbriandamage : “Thank you so much for your comment. My biggest problem with Bound in Blood, which I really loved, was the atrocious FOV. I was so ...” on Call Of Juarez: Gunslinger Trailer #23134
- djbriandamage : “I think you're right. What I infer from Lake's statement is that Microsoft gives them a bunch of money in advance if they agree to ...” on Wake Sale: Alan Wake Now Humbled And Bundled
- RedViv : “WHY IS MAX PAYNE TALKING TO ME” on Wake Sale: Alan Wake Now Humbled And Bundled
- RedViv : “Good news. Been waiting for a konfirmation of that rumour.” on Wake Sale: Alan Wake Now Humbled And Bundled