In the dark, distant future, when the universe has suffered heat death, all that will remain will be Arcen Games, stubbornly releasing new patches for their epic space startegy, AI War. The next patch is due tomorrow, it’s called 6.0, and as I understand the patch coincides with a new expansion: Ancient Shadows. That’s been available in beta for a bit, I think, but tomorrow should the full roll-out. They’ve been expanding and patching this beast constantly since 2009 and they show no signs of stopping. Needless to say, the expansion has tonnes of new features, including: “A whole new kind of human player. It’s possible to control champions alongside your main fleet, or to have a friend or family member control just one single massive ship.”
Posts Tagged ‘ai war: Ancient Shadows’
By Jim Rossignol on October 18th, 2012.
By Adam Smith on August 9th, 2012.
It’s fair to say that Arcen fell of the pace a little with A Valley Without Wind, but then AI War was one of the most accomplished debuts any studio could hope for. If A Valley Without Wind had a stumbling gait, AI War was striding along like the coolest cat in town. It doesn’t have the nattiest threads and but none of that matters once you sit down and play. Ancient Shadows is a new expansion coming for the game, which pits emerging intelligences against players in conflicts that feel as much chess as tower defense or RTS. That’s a new expansion three years after release and it looks like a significant one. The beta is available now for pre-orderers. Details below.
Respond to our gibber
- DrMcCoy : “Yup. Maybe it's just me being in Germany or a geek or a combination of both, but I don't see any substantial body of people ...” on Cardboard Children: Change Or Die
- urahara : “Maybe Rab is taking us all to the pub and doing his reviews there! Can someone get some chilli nuts when they next go to ...” on Cardboard Children: Change Or Die
- Brun : “Typical post-WoW, extreme min/max MMO culture is to blame for this line of thinking really. "If it exists and is better, it is mandatory."” on Twenty Bucks: Neverwinter
- Mercykiller101 : “It's the fact that you can buy power, and that, no, you cannot get everything just by playing the game, as claimed by people who ...” on Twenty Bucks: Neverwinter
- SominiTheCommenter : “3 1 3 |\/| 3 |\| -|- /\ |_” on Element4l Still Looks Delightful, Releases This Week