Ludocraft send word that what they are calling a “pre-alpha” build of their Air Buccaneers is now available. They explain: ” It is still work in progress, though, and all your feedback is highly valuable for us. There are still graphics, sounds, features and effects missing, but we hope that it quenches your thirst for buccaneering and plundering for now.” Servers are going up and the team request you point your feedback at the forums. I can’t wait to get back into the skies, frankly. Merry Christmas, you crazy sky-pirates!
Posts Tagged ‘Air Buccaneers HD’
By Jim Rossignol on December 23rd, 2011.
By Jim Rossignol on December 6th, 2011.
It was time to find out a bit more about Air Buccaneers HD. So it was that we spoke to Ludocraft CEO Tony Manninen and asked him what they were up to. That investigation commences below.
Read the rest of this entry »
By Jim Rossignol on December 1st, 2011.
We’ve received a mysterious link from Ludocraft, who are currently making a “HD” version of one of RPS’ favourite mods, the bizarre airship combat game, Air Buccaneers. It’s a link to this image, which is inscribed with words – possibly Finnish? (my understandening of anything outside basic English is deplorable) – which apparently contain some clue to what will be contained in the remake. Ludocraft describe it as “a small bit of info on one quite interesting and unique new “thing” we’ll be adding to the game.”
Meanwhile the Ludocraft team have put up a server of the original mod. They explain: “It can be found in the Unreal Tournament 2004 server browser under name “LudoCraft’s AirBuccaneers 1.6 Server” or via direct IP: 22.214.171.124:7777.” Details for the mod itself are here, and obviously you’ll need UT2004. Anyone for a game tonight? 8pm UK time?
By Jim Rossignol on August 3rd, 2011.
Air Buccaneers is getting an HD remake! You can even watch a trailer, below. Air Buccaneers – a multiplayer combat game between teams of balloon-piloting, cutlass-wielding canoneers – was 2004′s greatest mod, and arguably one of the finest mods of all time. And it is being remade. RPS veterans we recall our revival of the mod on a couple of occasions, events which always ended in a “why isn’t this being remade in UDK…” Now it is.
It’s also due for release in 2012. And that’s all I know for now, having just been alerted to this forum thread by Comrade sponge. I’ve contact Ludocraft for more information.
Read the rest of this entry »
Respond to our gibber
- JonClaw : “Been waiting for this for years...” on N Times: The Way Of The Ninja Updates
- Maximinus : “I'm reading this on a 4:3 monitor (admittedly my alternate monitor). Also, "we put the N you'll add the FU" is the greatest joke I've ...” on N Times: The Way Of The Ninja Updates
- Mr. Mister : “16:10 for the win. I'm so sad it seems to have lost the resoluition wars...” on N Times: The Way Of The Ninja Updates
- justicarphaeton : “Will this be available on Mac, and will there be a non-Steam/DRM-fr~ version available for purchase somewhere? This game looks absolutely incredible and looks like ...” on Throw Me A Clone: The Swapper Releasing This Month
- Consumatopia : “The chess analogy was spot on, but even more than that, consider that we are all using "turn-based" digital computers, rather than continuous analog machines ...” on Guns For Hire: Jagged Alliance – Flashback