It was the night before Crysis 2′s launch, and all through Crytek, not a creature was stirring – not even a fry… tech. But then, in the midst of laying down for the extended cryogenic sleep that traditionally follows Crytek’s development crunches, one developer bolted upright. “Everyone,” he turned and said to the others, nestled in their infernal healing contraptions, “I feel like something’s missing.” Then his eyes bloodshot eyes went wide with horror. “We… we forgot the graphics.” And so it was that Crysis 2 shipped with no DirectX 11 support and only a few preset graphics options. In time, however, Crytek sent PC gamers an apology basket filled with magical pixels, and all was (mostly) well. And happily, with Crysis 3, the developer plans to include more graphics than ever before.
Posts Tagged ‘all the graphics’
By Nathan Grayson on April 25th, 2012.
Respond to our gibber
- jinnyjinjin : “I do warn people, if you're using Amazon US, be careful. My Amazon UK account is now a US account and I can't change it ...” on The RPS Bargain Bucket: Hit Back
- Don Reba : “Him? Are you saying women can't be doctors?” on Robots Need Hats Too: TF2′s Community Created Update
- Runs With Foxes : “"people like you" People who want to hear something, anything, about a game they're looking forward to? Yeah what assholes. It's been 9 years since ...” on Robots Need Hats Too: TF2′s Community Created Update
- Shadowcat : “Was it just me, or was there no first-person footage at all in that trailer for what is supposedly a first-person shooter? I saw the ...” on Reus And Renaissance Heroes Are Things You Can Play
- Shadowcat : “Yes, qrth-phyl is very nice. Unpronounceable, but it plays beautifully, and has a good number of tricks up its sleeve. It's a snake game, but ...” on The RPS Bargain Bucket: Hit Back