A mouse click has never been so powerful. The idea of simulating an aesthetically pleasing pastime, only to make it even more aesthetically pleasing, is something that James Brown of Ancient Workshop has embraced wholeheartedly. He has begun a task in earnest: to make a game that simulates the art of paper folding in a beautiful, soothing way. Watching the videos of his experiments is like getting a giant bearhug glomp from the videogame industry.
Read the rest of this entry »
Posts Tagged ‘ancient workshop’
By Cara Ellison on March 18th, 2013.
Respond to our gibber
- darkChozo : “Okay, yeah. I'm not at the point where there's multiple tiers of quality, so I didn't realize that could be an issue. For fairness's sake, ...” on Twenty Bucks: Neverwinter
- colossalstrikepackage : “Yeah. This is definitely what I want more of on this site. Subversive is good if it's truthful. And I think Rab's nailed the board ...” on Cardboard Children: Change Or Die
- microminiature : “I am trembling with reasonable apprehension.” on Call Of Duty: Ghosts RPS EXCLUSIVE Dogshot Gallery
- sinister agent : “That was why I never went back to the first game after playing the first level. It was alright, and the concept was neat, but ...” on Wot I Think: Sanctum 2
- Dana : “No Ghostface ? I'm impressed.” on Call Of Duty: Ghosts RPS EXCLUSIVE Dogshot Gallery