It’s starting to feel like intro day here on RPS. Art Of The Title have just concluded their first gaming title sequence dissection, cracking the chest of the appropriately surgical opening of Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Production company Goldtooth Creative Paul Furminger’s discusses the scene’s grand theme: “The original concept was a descent from the macroscopic to the microscopic and from the organic to the mechanical. We started working on storyboards and animatics that began with the gruesome reality of Adam’s beaten body and ended with the sublime perfection of veins and circuitry combining at a microscopic level.” Man, I regret skipping it now.
Read the rest of this entry »
Posts Tagged ‘Art Of The Title’
By Craig Pearson on January 30th, 2012.
Respond to our gibber
- Death Saved : “Is it me or did they avoid showing the crystals and anything with serious lighting on the PS3 version? Also i pity everyone who is ...” on Final Fantasy XIV Rebirthing Its Realm In August
- RedViv : “I doubt that the game design can ever match up with how pretty it looks and sounds.” on Final Fantasy XIV Rebirthing Its Realm In August
- Esteis : “Chap with the wooden leg is bound to a pirate of some sort, although the only peg-legged one Wikipedia had for me is one François ...” on Diablincoln: Second Chance Heroes Fuses ARPGs, History
- Gap Gen : “And shadows just have thieves hiding in them, anyway, ready to steal all your gold coins and candlesticks when their gem goes dark.” on The Soaring ’20s: Contrast Platforms On The Shadows
- SkittleDiddler : “I didn't make a fat joke. And we're not talking about what Valve's done in the past.” on Valve’s CS: GO Overwatch Are Always Watching